Your coming out story

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Your coming out story

Post  greven on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:13 pm

Yeah I was planning to do that Fly hue, and I have already started making some jokes when we are watching TV and stuff.
and I am not gonna have sercret relationships, simply isnt my style I guess.
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:37 pm

great for you, if i had to do something like that i would never get the courage to do it.
YOU'RE ALL MY HEROS
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:22 pm

well it is really not a choice we kind of have to do it at one point. Nothing is worse than having people you like wonder, at least that is what I think. I hate having to hold stuff back when with my friends, that is where I usually go to just let the old mouth run its course, and having to hold it back there too, it just felt like shit.
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:21 pm

Oh my gawd, your stories are amazing to read, even the sad ones.

I really wish I hadn't screwed mine up so badly HAHA ohhh those were bad times....

Yeah, my family's all good with it now (well, my parents, nobody else knows in my family, they keep it all hush hush) but there was such a lot of drama in the years before now! I would love to share but I think all your eyes would bleed from the sheer amounts of type before you finished it.... it would have to be in chapters lol.

ahh well if i ever get bored and have a few spare millenia, then I'll write it all down and sell it. Laughing

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:41 pm

I will be expecting a signed copy of that Elmo XD

I have actually told my sisters now. My oldest sister Katrine was reading one of my stories that happened to be a gay romance story thing, so she asked why I had written it, and I told her the truth. She was surprised but she doesnt have a problem with it Smile

Well my other sister and me were painting the stables (yeah horse stables need painting sometimes and it is boooooring work.) so after a few hours of mindless painting we started playing small games, she suggested "10 things I dont know about you"
It was kind of hard as she knows A LOT about me, more than most I think. But I found 9 random things she didnt know and finished off with telling her I was Bi-sexual. again she was cool with it Very Happy
I have the most awesome sisters.
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:10 pm

Hooray for understanding siblings! (and I sympathise with the stable painting, it IS boring as hell.)

My sisters don't know, as I said it's only my parents.

To be honest I don't mind that much, mysiters are both younger than me, and although tethe oldest of the two is fourteen, she's very immature for her age and ends up being quite homophobic simply because of her ignorance. As for my youngest sister, she has aspergers syndrome and having to persuade her that girls can sometimes like girls ansd boys can sometime slike boys would cause just too much hassle! They willboth be told in time, but I really don't think I could at the moment, I'm too busy enjoying this newfound acceptance from my parents!

Congratulations on your coming out, it's not a process that ever really ends, but starting is always hard, so you deserve a pat on the back for that at least Smile

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:28 am

Well your sisters are still young so it is understandable that you havent told them. They will find out in good time I am sure Smile

And thanks for the pat on the back Very Happy
I am currently waiting for the right moment to tell one of my friends that I am moving in with in half a years time. I dont think he will mind but I just like to find a moment where it doesnt just come out of the blue.
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Hue on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:31 am

The art studio that I used to attend released its summer film last night about a lesbian teenager. They're selling dvds locally, but other than that I don't think any of you would ever get to see it. DX Don't worry, you're not missing out on too much. It's a good film but definitely not a great one either. Anyhow, most of the film was about her coming out to the people she knew, and the scene with her siblings was really funny. They looked like they were both probably middle school early highschool age, a boy and a girl. They were sitting on a couch, watching TV, and the whole time neither of the siblings looked up from what they were watching.
It was roughly like
Skye: Hey guys, Can I tell you something important?
Sister: Is this about you being GAY?
Skye: What? How'd you know?
Brother: Mom told us
[a few lines I forgot, essentially they don't give a damn]
Brother: Just don't steal any of my future girlfriends!

... It made me feel happy.
Fly Hue

View user profile http://user.drunkduck.com/Fly%20Hue

Back to top Go down

Post  Pineapple on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:44 am

I haven't read all the other comming out stories, but I will, promise.

Umm, I don't really have one I don,t think. I'm a girl first up (because Pineapple is a bit of an ambiguous name) and I've also been, well not a tomboy, but I’ve never been "girly". I'm bright, bubbly, short and loud. So when I told my friends, nothing much happened, it was just another strange thing I did, I guess. I was a butt of a few jokes, but I guess everyone is in High School. In High School I said I was bi, but now that I'm a bit older I can kind of see that that's not the case. Because, I just kind of like everything, boy, girl, transgender, what not and what not. Doesn't really matter to me. So I do find it hard when people ask me about my sexuality, so I often just call myself "a little bit gay" and that gets them thinking. Although I've come up with a little analogy that I tend to use a lot, ahem.

Just think of Coke and Pepsi. See I like Coke and Pepsi equally, but I know that I am more likely to get Coke and therefore drink Coke more often. So if I have a choice between the two, I'll choose Pepsi. Not because I like it more, but I know it will be a long time until I might be able to have Pepsi again."

I haven’t told my parents. I’m pretty sure that they won't have a bad reaction, but you never know. Anyway, I'm just as likely to bring home a boy friend as a girl friend. So I kind of don't want to tell them 'til I have to.
Pineapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Hue on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:23 pm

I didn't know that about you, Pineapple. Huh.

And not that I'm one of those people who think everyone NEEDS a label or anything 9v9, but it seems like you identify as a pansexual if you want to try for a more specific word. It's a pretty broad term though and I get that it's not necessarily appropriate for all those who identify as "not quite 'bi'."
Fly Hue

Back to top Go down

Post  Pineapple on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:54 pm

I don't like using the term "pansexual" because I don't really know what it means and most people I tell it to don't really know what it means.

And Fly Hue, I don't blame you for being surprised! I mean I have a topic on Drunk Duck that's all about me having casual sex with a guy! (and for you not from Drunk Duck, the topic isn't as slutty as it sounds)
Pineapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:54 am

i don't know what pansexual means anyways...first time i heard that word!!!
well...i don't understand most of the words, they're all new to me
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:03 pm

Pansexual means that you dont really see gender.
I am bi but I am very aware of gender myself, Pansexuals however dont see the difference between men and women when it comes to choosing a life partner.
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:08 pm

Here's how I see sexuality:

Imagine a line. At one end is "GAY" and at the other end is "STRAIGHT". Now join the ends together, and you have a circle. I think that everybody is somewhere on that circle, as it were, and nobody is 100% gay or straight. They may have 100% gay or straight relationships, but I think that it is perfectly possible for a lovely lady of the lady loving persuasion like myself, to fall in love and be perfectly happy with a man, IF it was the right man.
Also I think people can shift gradually on the circle over time, or stay put. Some people might have no set place on the circle at all and just like who they like without worrying about all the troublesome genitals business.

Actually, writing this, I can already see some definite flaws in this argument, but I'll leave that up to you guys to point them out. To be honest I've never unduly bothered mysself about it, I go by "gay" for most people, as it's simply easier, but I've never really thought of myself as only ever being 100% gay, no men allowed. I haven thought out this theory in a huge amount of depth, and would be glad to know what you all think about it.

Alternatively, it's an idiotic idea and I've just ruined my wise reputation on here oh oh... Laughing

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:40 pm

You little circle thing doesnt make any sense. XD
If you make a circle with it then it doesnt change anything at all. you will still have the gay end and the straight end, they will just be lying right next to each other.
I personatly believe you can be 100% A or B. It can be hard to understand if you yourself are not so, like back when I thought I was straight I was very shocked to find out that my friends had never even given the idea or feeling of being of a different sexuality a thought.
Something that to this day surprises me as I always give these things a lot of thought.
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:51 pm

I knew somebody would point that out!

That did occur to me, but I kinda saw it more as you have gay in the middle of one half, and straight in the middle of the other half...hmm

*sits pondering life for a while*

Back to reality! Well, as for the 100% thing, I know some people have never ever had even the slightest inkling of attraction to one sex or the other, but life can be a very unpredictable thing. If I were to be told at the age of 13 what would happen inmy life over the next year alone, never mind the next three and a half, I would be shocked. SHOCKED TO THE COREEEE!!!! Enough with the melodrama...

I think people who are gay can be in love with someone of the opposite sex, and vice versa, if the have a strong emotional connection and love for each other which transcends the barrier of anatomy and sexuality. However, the question I'm interested in is this:

Does that make them still a 100%gay person in exceptional circumstances, or a 99% gay person who has some attraction to the opposite sex?

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:36 pm

Do we have any 100%'s in here?
Because the guy I am seeing right now (I AM SEEING SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More on this story as it develops) is, and he has never had feelings for girls. So his ultra gayness, and the supreme straightness of some of my other friends tell me that the extremes are indeed possible.
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Pineapple on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:17 pm

I don't see how someone can be 100% either way. I do think everyone is a little bit gay. But then again, that's just my persective. Because that's how I am, I find it hard to see it any other way.
Pineapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:38 am

Exactly my point pineapple.
For us Gays and Bi's it is hard to see how someone can be 100% anything. Because we have all gone through a time where we wondered and speculated. I mean from what I hear we all figure out that we are gay sometime through our teens (or at some other point) so we have all been straight at some point. Or at least considered ourself to be.
Straight people dont have that transformation, they are born straight and never get to a point where they go "Holy crap! Im straight!"
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Hue on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:12 pm

I dunno about that... I have this lingering fear that one day I am going to discover that I'm -ahem- actually straight and that I just wasted my entire teenage life under the misconception that I am a homosexual, and knowing how many billions of people have existed over the years, I think chances are that it must have happened to at LEAST one person at one point or another. The main basis of my fear is a lingering borderline bi-curiosity to-wards the male sex (I personally think this concept is wildly entertaining) and the fact that I have a certain affection for what the penis and penis symbolism is in our society. I feel it is deep and hilarious and charmingly human. (I can feel my credibility on this forum SHRIVELING DX) So I feel like... I am more comfortable about them than the vibe I get from most girls...? And sometimes that also causes me to wonder. If I'm so 'comfortable' about these organs, maybe I have a sexual interest in them as many women do. I know that what it really is is just my fear of living so much of my life under a misconception taking on a disguise, but it's still something that can really get to me from time. I get into what ifs too deeply TOO OFTEN, in short. I was actually thinking about this particular fear to-day after English class. Our last assignment of the day was to turn desks towards the person sitting next to you and to take a good hard look at them to get all 'descriptive-y' feeling. Now me, I remember specifically why I chose to sit in the spot that I chose on the first day: The girl in the next chair over was gorgeous, and one of those unconventional gorgeous-es too! She has these dark features and this fiendishly shaped lips. I had VERY deliberately sat next to chica on the first day and now my decision was paying off because my class room ASSIGNMENT is to STARE at this girl?? f*** yes!! And then I walked out of class feeling very giddy and SUPREMELY aware that I am SUCH a queer. My immediate attraction to this girl was instinctual, like no straight girl would feel. I remember having the exact same feelings during puberty before I 'knew' and then after I 'knew' all that made SENSE and it was an overall refreshing experience for me to-day. Like, I really do know who I am and what I want and I was TOLD BY MY SCHOOL TO GAPE AT SOMEONE GORGEOUS to top that all off. I am very happy.

Oh and congrats, Grev! That was FAST! All the lesbians I know (1) are going to Duke and we were frankly just not into each other, and I know plenty of other gay people but they're all men. v-v I don't get how others do it. But I am happy for you, really.
Fly Hue

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:23 am

I have the same problem Fly hue.
I like to consider every possibility and reason my way to the right conclusion, but when one of the possibilities is that this is just a cry for attention well then things go bad.
It isnt a nice thing to consider at all, but it is one I consider almost every day.
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:17 am

Woah Fly Hue, you need to bring your teacher an apple for setting such good classwork! If only I got to stare at hot girls in my classes! Well, I do get to, but I'm not supposed to HAHA!

And I love that feeling of giddiness when you see someone utterly gorgeous and just can't help but stare. The sort of stare where you forget what you were talking to your friend about and they look at you as if to say "youre such a screaming BENDER". Happy times...

And then of course you realise the girl is totally NOT a screaming bender and that she's far too hot for the likes of you anyway! Or at least, that's what happens to me! Laughing

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:49 am

That has actually never happened to me, but there was this one time a few weeks ago where my coworker (someone who I am going to live with in bro-hood, sometime next year) took off his shirt to change into civilian clothe and I almost lost control of my jaw. He is hot as hell and straight as hell as well. =P
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:49 am

but is hard to be in the other's position, there's a guy who my mum likes (of course) just because he's kind of hot a neighbor who also studies law and is one year behing me (even though he's 2 years older), so we started as friends but the the thing got creepy when he was following everywher and now he's my personal stalker (in a bad way), i used to run away frum him but now i know that won't work so now i told him to get away from me and don't come back, but i have to see him from monday to friday so Sad

i'm not saying you are stalkers but is really uncomfortable when people starts looking at you...relly uncomfortable
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pineapple on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:00 am

alain1609 wrote:
i'm not saying you are stalkers but is really uncomfortable when people starts looking at you...relly uncomfortable

What a Face
Pineapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top