Your coming out story

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Your coming out story

Post  Joneko on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:11 pm

Extended family is easier to hide from. Than and in some cases...if you just don't bring it up no one is the wiser. Neither Rei nor I are people you look at and go "Oh, they're gay."

That sounded bad but I know what I meant... >.>;
Joneko
Admin

View user profile http://joneko.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ReiDavidson on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:01 pm

greven wrote:
ReiDavidson wrote:I'm out to everyone in the world but my extended family. I just don't know what would happen.

How the hell does that work?
You are running this LGBT forum, you are writing and drawing PA, and drawing Piper, what does your exstended family think you do?
All they know is I'm an "artist" and that I'm 22 and still haven't brought a boy to the family reunion and always demand to know why. XD
ReiDavidson
Admin

View user profile http://true2ourhearts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:32 pm

ReiDavidson wrote:
greven wrote:
ReiDavidson wrote:I'm out to everyone in the world but my extended family. I just don't know what would happen.

You are running this LGBT forum, you are writing and drawing PA, and drawing Piper, what does your exstended family think you do?
All they know is I'm an "artist" and that I'm 22 and still haven't brought a boy to the family reunion and always demand to know why. XD

Lol. I get the same question, my answer is usually along the lines of: What are you talking about I brought my DS Razz
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Hue on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:40 pm

ReiDavidson wrote:
greven wrote:

I hear ya'! XD The majority of my family doesn't really bother getting to know me. They'll be like... "So... how's art?" And they make awful, offensive, generalized statements about art. They think that because I like to do cartoons that I do anime.... .... ... No.

Greven: What you and your DS do in the privacy of your own bedroom is your own business. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Fly Hue

View user profile http://user.drunkduck.com/Fly%20Hue

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:11 am

greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

Back to top Go down

Post  ReiDavidson on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:11 am

Yay VG cats! Greven with teh internet!
ReiDavidson
Admin

View user profile http://true2ourhearts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:27 am

ReiDavidson wrote:Yay VG cats! Greven with teh internet!

I am the internet! heh
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Emilyelizabethx on Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:04 am

I've never seen that VG Cats strip! xD
Emilyelizabethx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:37 pm

Emilyelizabethx wrote:I've never seen that VG Cats strip! xD

That might be because it is an alternate comic, this was up for only a few hours before being removed from the front page, it is still in his archive but not very well known.
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:58 pm

I don't think I ever came out about liking the ladies, as a lady. Well, I mentioned it but we won't go there.

But coming out as a "guy", THAT was interesting. My mother's reaction was fantastic-
"oh. Okay."
"Wait- oh, okay? That's it?"
"What am I supposed to do- try to tell you not to do it?
"Pfft, like that's ever worked."
"Exactly!"
"But seriously, mother, come on- you must have thoughts beyond 'oh, okay'. Your daughter told you she's gonna be a man!"
"Well... I guess I'll have to get used to having two sons, hm? Besides, I'm not that surprised."

My brother essentially went "wtf O_O" after a hilarious misunderstanding. ("Hey, you're going to have a brother!" "What?! Mum's PREGNANT?!" "Uh, noooo...") I doubt he's even trying to wrap his head around it, but hey.

And my grandmother went, "oh... well, if that's what you want to do, all we can do is support you." I don't think she approves, but she won't say as much! xD

As for my friends- well, some of them saw it coming, and some of them were very "omgwtf. O_O" The funniest response was the partner of my oldest friend, who instantly started dressing as a woman, claiming he was a woman inside- but that he wasn't getting a sex change because he was "happy as a dude"- and kept behaving like a man, even when dressed as a woman. And then said I was "copying him". xDD Hilarious. Other than his idiocity (which didn't shock me too much) I've not really had any bad reactions.
Jase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:35 am

I think your mothers reaction was great. You are lucky with a family like that.
I think my mother would be supportive on the surface but do everything she could to make me realise that I was "wrong", if nothing else then to keep her perfect family front.

Also your brothers reaction was priceless Very Happy
He didnt see it comming at all or?
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:07 am

Actually, my mother's reaction was the most surprising- we haven't been on good terms for a long time, and it's only recently I started letter her back into my life at all. I think she's actively trying to make up for mistakes of the past- and it wasn't much of a surprise, I don't think.
As for my brother- shall we just say my entire family is dysfunctional, and that the only thing he could tell you about my is that I like rabbits? (Which has been a life-long thing, so he'd have trouble missing it.) He has no idea who I am, what I'm like, what I enjoy- and I don't think he much cares. *shrug* He never cared about me enough to notice the red flags. Smile
Jase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:42 am

I can hardly even phantom that, my family is what you would call a normal healthy family, two parents and 4 kids. Only thing is that we have always grouped in pairs. My sisters know everything about each others, me and my brother the same. Now with my brother and one sister not being home, (left for school and left for good Razz ) I am bonding with my smallest little sister, totally strange too, hardly knew anything about her a year ago.
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:54 am

Well, I can hardly fathom (phantom = ghosts xD) the bonds a "healthy" family has. I have no loyalty to mine, because they don't deserve it- although I'm starting to actually respect my mother. I can't ever imagine being able to respect or care for someone just because of blood. That makes no sense to me, because, well... it's not something I know, you know? I can't wrap my head around it.
The way my family is is the way things are for me; I don't really feel sad about it, although I do get a bit edgy about other people's families. It has enabled me to see how one SHOULDN'T raise children, which should be useful if I ever have kids. xD
Jase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:01 am

I know Phantom is ghost I just didnt know fathom was a special word Razz

I don respect my family because of blood, I respect it because I have been with it for 19 years (well less for my sisters) and even if I dont have much in common with them they are still the people who have influenced me the most. My Father have given me a laid back attitude that I have taken to a level he finds too much, my mother have given me the ability to take orders and question orders that doesnt make sence, something that has been biting her own ass for a few years now, my brother introduced me to gaming, something that became an addiction, and my sisters... well they have anoyed me for the last many years, and made me able to ignore so many insults and whatsnot.

I figured out a great saying a while back what was it?
I cant remember I will write it if I remember it.
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:30 pm

Well, let's just say the lessons imparted on me by my family were done so in rather unpleasant ways. xP I had no respect for them because they did nothing to deserve it, although gradually things are improving.
Jase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NikiPaprika on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:40 am

ReiDavidson wrote:Plus there's always exceptions to the rule. Between you and me, I'd totally boink Johnny Depp if he dressed like Jack Sparrow for me.
O___O
wow, i thought I was the only lesbian who felt like that too!!! Laughing Laughing
But oft aye. <3 I would ;D
XD

(Also, Jimmy Urine from MSI=I'd tap that XD)

H'okay, so at the start of my story, it's pretty much very similar to the start of OnesWhoUseYou's. I had the whole "crush on boys" streak too, obsessing over anime boys (Gene Starwind was a regular XD), etc. Once I reached about 12, I noticed that I never really properly had a thing for guys. At first I thought i did but it was really just because they were close friends. For a while I secretly read stories about sex (online or in my mum's woman magazines) and became curious.

So after many a night pondering about sex, I considered myself bi, and unwittingly told just about anyone I considered a friend (including people who were just 'sorta friends'). I then figured it out when I hugged and kissed my best female friend from the feeling I got that I was gay. Again, unwittingly came out to people about it, being very bull-headed and brash, thinking I could take the school on. (Damn, if my current self met me from the past at that time, I would have smacked myself in the face and shouted "STFU n00b!" before teleporting back to current time! XD)

Anyways, this turned horribly against me, with many an immature giggle and cringes in my presence and lead to taunting (but I guess I deserved it really XD). Though it did become very bad that I began self harming, because it was a difficult time to handle everything I had done myself. I remember in this whole "gay pride" phase, I put a thing on my door to give my mum a hint-said something like "out and proud" or summin, and I just remember her face going white and she shouted at me to take it off the door. So i did.

Later, I was going to stay at my best friends house, and oh boy, that was the most awkard car trip ever. D8
She asked if what I had on my door was true, and I just remained silent, and she then said "It better not be, or I will tell your friend's mum and make you two stay in separate rooms tonight!" This was actually the shortened version of what she said, but basically, it turned into a ferocious argument that ended me running into my friends house in tears, and lying to my mum, telling her I was straight, just so I could stay at my friends house.

This was eventually all forgotten about, though there was an occassion when I was 15 when she asked if I was going out with my friend James (who, ironically, is gay xD).
Me: "No, he's not. And I told you, I don't want a boyfriend."
Mum: "Well, Cal[my little brother]* mentioned something about you liking girls. Is that true?"
Me: "...[insert insanely long awkward silence here]..."

Even with that, I would have thought my mum would have assumed that I was hinting that I was gay, but to this day she still asks if I have a boyfriend and talk about using protection/going on the pill and what not (I've recently became best friends with a norwegian guy called Tor, so I'm sure she's convinced we're fucking XD), so I think she's either ignoring it or is hoping that I'm not gay. But to be honest, I'm not bothered really. o3o

My "master plan" is to wait until I'm actually in a serious relationship with another girl and tell her then. Probably by text. >3> I know my mum has nothing against gays, but I'm awkward-phobic, so I'd rather not be in her presence when she finds out and rather have her accepting it before I met her again. XD
Same goes for my dad. I know my dad problably wouldn't care anyways, he's told me that there's nothing wrong with gay people at all. (In fact, I remember he admitted that as straight as he is, he used to have a thing for george michael! roflz! XD)

*I told my lil bro. Me and him are like best friends, so he actually just went "meh" and we carry on like usual. XD

I guess it's just who I am. Who I am in front of my friends, strangers, parents, etc is a different person they see. o3o
But if I ever do come out to my parents I'll share if you want me to n__n;
BLERG! sorry that was so long!! T____T;;;

Last edited by NikiPaprika on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I'm a muppet)
NikiPaprika

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:10 am

So you have never really come out to your family? Hmm, I can see why, I for one avoids akwardness the best I can myself, but trust me when I tell you this: It wont do you any good.
When you tell your mom about it, then dont do it over text, that can only backfire and make the first time you talk to her afterwards VERY akward.

I did the same things actually, not when I came out as gay, but came out as the biggest geek this side of the pasific. In school I was all up in everyones face about it, and at home I kept it a secret to my parents (they hate gaming as the plague and still cant accept that I spend my time and money on something so worthless) and I kept dropping hints for them to pick up that I was a big gamer. In the end I told them though, not as akward as a im gay anouncement, but my dad did confiscate my Gamecube and N64, thank god I had kept my Playstation 2 a secret and hid it before going down to talk to them that faithful day.
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  NikiPaprika on Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:33 pm

greven wrote:So you have never really come out to your family? Hmm, I can see why, I for one avoids akwardness the best I can myself, but trust me when I tell you this: It wont do you any good.
When you tell your mom about it, then dont do it over text, that can only backfire and make the first time you talk to her afterwards VERY akward.
Well, yes and no, I did tell my brother, and he was completely fine with it.
My friends were and still are kewl with it.
It's just my mum and dad.
I suppose you're right about the text thing.
It's just I'm very shy when I'm physically in front of people. So when it comes to something where I can see their reaction, it scares me.
Also, I've never had the right time to do it. I mean, one night me and my mum could be watching TV having dinner having a nice night, then I randomly go "btw I'm gay"...it just doesn't feel right to me.
I guess I'm just a coward...
NikiPaprika

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Hue on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:37 pm

I totally agree on the waiting for an actual committed relationship. That was there's... like an appropriate time and reason to bring it up, not the "btw" like you mentioned, which just sounds so... out of the way.
Fly Hue

View user profile http://user.drunkduck.com/Fly%20Hue

Back to top Go down

Post  NikiPaprika on Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:10 am

Fly Hue wrote:I totally agree on the waiting for an actual committed relationship. That was there's... like an appropriate time and reason to bring it up, not the "btw" like you mentioned, which just sounds so... out of the way.
Yeah XD
Maybe like one night I'm at my future house, and she's like "So, you want to come over for dinner tonight?"
And I'll be like "Can my girlfriend come over too?"
XD
NikiPaprika

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Poleroid on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:51 am

Neutral My coming out story is pretty boring...

My sister is the first person I told because were really close. She is bi, but I think she likes boys better, im not sure. Either way, it didnt seems to faze her.
So then she let it slip to my ex step mom, whom im also very close with because she raised me and my sisters when she was married to my dad for, like, 10 years. Her reaction suprised me. She's not highly religious, but believes in god, yet instead of being unhappy with me, she was very supportive and said that it didnt matter to her, and I was free to like whoever I want.
I tried once to tell my real mom, but its just a faze to her, and she doesnt believe Im gay.
My dad is pretty wierd about it. He was like, " I dont care as long as its not illegal, if it becomes illegal you better stop." XD I think he was just trying to make things less awkward, its just the way he is. He found out cause I mentioned how much I liked Tomb Raider, and one of the reasons why I like tomb raider. Embarassed The conversation went something like this.

" She's got a nice butt. "

"Are you gay?"

"...yah "

" Oh,...ok. "
Poleroid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:04 am

Wait wait wait... You were staring at the biggest virtual boobs in existence and you focus on the ASS? that is just a waste.

Its nice to hear from someone who actually have a nice stepmom, that seems to be unusual with the people I meet.
Most parents seems to think that "gayness" is just a faze to get over, they seem to refuse to believe that it could happen to their kid, I mean they are straight, of course they get straight kids right?
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Poleroid on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:25 am

To be honest I was going to say breasts, but then I thought, " Oh no, he'd totally realise Im gay, and I cant have my dad knowing I like girls!" so I commented on her butt instead...

DX I was in the middle of a video game with the hottest protaginist ever, I wasnt thinking clearly.

A well sculpted ass is still worth drooling over though. Thats why I find most of the women in china rather boring, no boobs, no hips, and no butt. D: ...They do seem to have a very good fashion sense...
Poleroid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:45 am

I can mention hotter game characters.
Samus Aran (Metroid, check her zero suit)
The lady from Bloodrayne. (there was a code mode in the original game where you could give her a naughty schoolgirl outfit Very Happy )
Faith is kind of hot as well (from Mirrors Edge, she is hot in a action girl kind of way Smile)

I just think the Lady croft is a bit TOO well equiped for my taste. She is a lamppost with two melons attached.
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top