I am naked

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I am naked

Post  greven on Sat May 23, 2009 2:27 pm

I am sitting here, completely naked, except for a towel wrapped around me. Its close to 4 am here in the old kingdom, and I mean the oldest kingdom, this isn’t some puny English monarchy, this is the oldest existing monarchy in the world. In other words this is Denmark, a puny country in northern Europe who no one but its inhabitants and people who saw some strange drawings of an old prophet. So why do I sit here in front of you naked, both in mind and in body, well for the latter because I have just finished a shower, and am about to go to bed, and as such the act of putting on clothe seems… unnecessary. But it was also this that gave me the inspiration for this, and so I sit here today: Naked in mind and body to tell you a story. A story of a man, a guy, a gamer, a reader, a writer, a poet, a nerd, a kid, a sleeper, a maker, a breaker, a son, a brother, a story of a naked man.

You could say my story began at the age of 0, December fifth 1989, the day I was born. You could also say the story began on a different date, a date which I don’t know. Did my story begin the day I was born? The day I began in school? The day I rode a bike? The day I found my first friend? The day I first read a book? The day I first wrote a story? The day I first played a videogame? The day I first kissed? The day I first loved?

I think my story starts when I was six, on the farm I lived on. Construction was being done, we were building… something, I remember not what. But I remember the blade, a spinning blade, used to cut wood, and so immensely beautiful and interesting to a boy that age. I touched it, as it slowed down, I touched it, I couldn’t help myself. I touched the side of the blade, not the teeth themselves, but I touched the blade nonetheless.
I believe that is the first time I remember my mother to shout at me, to really give me a good verbal beating. That was the first time it happened, it would not be the last. It was also the first time I ran away, that was also the last time I did so.

I think my story starts when I was 10, as we moved from one farm to another. We had found kittens with a dead mother, and as we moved that summer, to a farm 4 miles from the one we lived on, me and my brother rode our bikes 2 times a day, to the farm we had previously lived on to bottle feed the kittens. We drove there every morning and every evening, and our dog acted like a surrogate mother for the kittens. We even got in the newspaper, as a happy page thing, about the strange dog “Siva, mother of kitten”.
It was a good time, and we had a great summer, and we liked the kittens, and a single one of them still lives 9 years later, we see it from time to time, mostly in the winter when it gets too cold on the road.

I think my story starts when I was 12, a friend of my brothers brought an NES to our house, and for the first time in my life I saw a videogame. It was too short a night, a night I will not soon forget. We were sitting on the rug, and we were playing Super Mario Brothers 3, with Tanuki suit and everything.

I think my story starts when I was 14, in the living room of our new house, given a book that would forever change my life. “Read one chapter a day.” It was an order not an option, I could barely read at the time. The book was written by J.K.R. The book was called Harry potter and it was the first book I ever read. I read it day in and day out, rarely less than 3 chapters a day, a lot for me at that age. It started me out on my journey of reading a journey that led to many things, to the discovery of Tolkien, to the discovery of Manga, and so many more wonderful things. I have yet to finish this journey, and it is not one I wish to finish, for it is truly a journey I enjoy.

I think my story starts when I was 16, on a bike on my way home on a sunny day of June. I have a story in my head, I do not remember what story it is, but I remember for the first time in the pitiful existence I call my life to think: “I should write some of this down” and so it began. I wrote my first story a week later, I do not remember the theme or the context of this: ‘first story’. I do however know that less than one month later I released the first chapter of “det røde land” a story that I would work on for almost two years, a story that would take me from over hyped beginner to where I am today, where that is is not for me to ask questions about.

I think my story starts when I was 18, on the bed in my old bedroom on the new farm. I kissed a girl and I liked it. My first kiss, I was so nervous I could feel my heart in my throat, but I kissed her. A kiss I would later come to regret, but that night it didn’t matter. I just held her hand and we slept into the night. Her name is unimportant, and so is the date, what matters is the kiss. That I, scared as I was, took a leap of faith, for the first time in years I did something on my own outside my comfort zone.

I think my story starts when I was 19 in front of my computer, in my new room, on the new house. A day in spring as I realized the truth, a truth I should had realized many months before, a truth that seems stupid and silly, but changed my life. The truth that I am a Bi-sexual.

I know my story continues today, I get scared, I care for others, I game, I read, I write, I love and I realize new things. This is me you see before you: Naked in body and mind. This is me, this who I am, this if where I came from, this is what I carry with me, this is how I live, this is my standing point.

I know my story ends one day, and on that day you can tell yourself: “I saw him naked, he had the courage to lay himself onto paper. And thus I saw him naked.”
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: I am naked

Post  oldguy on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:35 am

I saw a story without a reply and wondered why would no one read this story.
I read about a boy from Denmark playing with a saw blade and scaring his mother out of her mind.
I read about a man sitting naked on a bed.
I read about a boy's devoted efforts to help defenseless animals.
I read about a boys leap out of himself to discover his first kiss.
I read about a boys discovery of himself, and then I saw a man
sitting naked on a bed. The story was an introspection of the man's
self and I realized why no one had replied. It was a reflection of the man in a mirror.
A rhetorical question that no one answers. Others had read the story, but how do you answer a reflection in a pond.
The story continues and how do you reply to a story without an ending.
I saw you sitting naked on a bed and now a 0 becomes a 1 in the table of a forum.
Although many have read the story, there is a mark now proclaiming.
I saw him sitting naked on a bed.
oldguy

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/oldguy85308

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunaris on Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:12 am

It is something of a reflection, but how much and how little of one isn't my place to put here.

As to why no one replied...well...I can't speak for anyone else, but for me...I just simply had not read it yet. There's a lot on these forums I haven't read yet and I just kinda crawl around to different things when I have the time. Some I reply to, some I don't. Most do not get a response, but I feel better for getting something off my chest.

Greven, that is a wonderful story of many beginnings. It brings to point the fact that life has no singular beginning. Does it start at conception? Or when your parents are born are you fated to be their child? Does it start at birth? Or does it start when you really begin to live life? It's almost philosophical. Your life has obviously had many beginnings, some even very recent. You will probably have many more on the bumpy road, and I certainly hope you'll continue to tell us the tale as it happens, and in such a wonderfully-written way, too.

Until then...keep your pants on. Suspect You don't have to be nude to be naked. And...I don't wanna see that. Yet. I don't know you well enough. Shocked Thanks, Greven, for a magnificently written journey. And thanks, Oldguy, for bringing it to the fore. Very Happy
Lunaris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:08 pm

--Oldguy
It is not often that I feel outshined by a reader, and this is the first time I have been outsined by a comment to my work.
It was truly beautiful and I gotta say you really caught the essens of it pretty good I love you

--Lunaris
Yeah life is a chain of beginnings all leading to another chain of inevitable ends, from the death of someone you love, to the day you are forgotten.
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  oldguy on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:45 am

I do pride myself on knowing the difference between Nude, Naked, and uh hum Nekkid. Nekkid being naked and up to something.
Yeah that was hard to write with a key board. I'm used to a fine point pen.
oldguy

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/oldguy85308

Back to top Go down

Post  RahimBhai on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:00 pm

thanks for your nacked information

RahimBhai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content