Multi-User Text Games

Go down

Multi-User Text Games Empty Multi-User Text Games

Post  Lunaris on Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:59 pm

Multi-User Text Games. The best known-type are MUDs, Multi-User Domains or Multi-User Dungeons. There are also MUSHes, Multi-User Shared Hallucinations...which are more social, whereas MUDs are more...go around and kill things-ish.

I more play MUSHes and the related MUXs...but it's getting harder to find good ones.

The one I've been most active on is Eternal Empire MUSH (ee.multi-mu.net, port 6800, for those who play these games)...a Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition game. Problem is...it's only really active at night...like...8pm EST and later. If I have a boring day, I need something I can hang around on earlier.

So, anyone have any good ones? Pretty much anything is welcome. Smile As long as it's not too prudish...I'm not some sex-fiend, but I make my characters sexy. Wink
Lunaris
Lunaris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Multi-User Text Games Empty Re: Multi-User Text Games

Post  greven on Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:52 pm

Can one has more info? Because I am pretty sure I dont know anything about this stuff. What is it? like internet roleplay?
greven
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunaris on Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:17 pm

Yes, they are very much internet roleplaying games. Think of them as precursors to the MMO games. Some of these started as early as network connections existed. Lots of people can play at once in a fantastic world filled with whatever the designers want to put into it.

MUDs tend to have a full-blown chargen where you pick a race, class, and all that good stuff. MUSHes usually let you describe what you want, within reason, and play it as you wish.

Let me think of how to put this...

...Think IRC. A lot of people in one game/room, saying what they want. With a simple command they can start acting out actions.

MU* games take it a step further. Think instead of one room, you have a lot of different rooms, and you can change between them by 'moving' using whatever direction commands are there (North, East, Citadel, whatever).

As well, each room has a description to help players picture the world around them.

Yeah, the big requirement is that a player have an imagination.

The Mud Connector is as good a place as any to find information on them. I've just given up trying to find a good one with friendly players and staff. Granted, I've only played a few...so I'll keep on looking...

...But I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone might have some good suggestions. Smile
Lunaris
Lunaris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:55 pm

Okay I would never be able to get into something like that, it would take too long to explain, but I basically dislike games with too many players.
greven
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down