Pets and Animals. Miaow!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pets and Animals. Miaow!

Post  Elmoslayer on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:45 pm

As a follow-up to the family topic, here's one you pets, or anything about animals in general.
My family have owned a huge number of animals over the years, here's a brief summary:

My mum and dad got a horse from an auction when they first got married. The foal was wild from the New Forest and being sold for meat, but they got her instead. They called her Kestrel, or Kessie, and we still own her to this day, although she's a bit of an old lady now, at 25!
They also got two cats, Tasselhoff and Burrfoot. They were nothing alike except in that they were both total idiots. Tassel used to enjoy sitting on top of the bin lid, until one day we got a new bin, with a fliptop lid., and she jumped up and fell straight into the bin. It was funny, but she was longhaired and the smell was pretty dreadful. They also managed to regularly fall in the toilet, the bath and out the window.
However, my favourite stupid cat story:
We were having some concrete laid for a shed. Tassel (by far the more stupid of the two) was fairly young and even more stupid at this point, and walked across the wet concrete, as ya do. Then she lay down in it for a bit before wandering inside. My mum heard the cat crying and went to see what was up. Tassel had come in and curled up on the carpet to sleep. While she was asleep the concrete dried and she ended up stuck to the carpet and stuck to herself. Half her fur had to be cut off to uncurl her and extract her from the carpet.

After them we went through a selection of rabbits and guinea pigs, and an accidental breeding between ours and a friends "female" guinea pig led to us breeding them for fun, meaning we had at one point about 25! Now we have just three, and its a lot easier!
We also had a range of goldfish, generally along the lines of Spotty 1, Spotty 2 , Mr Blobby and the such like , as they never seemed to last that long! There were also several litters of kittens from our ridiculously promiscuous cat, before we finally managed to get her to the vet in time to have her spayed, but I would be here all night talking about them so I won't!

The animals we have now: (and ill try to get some pictures in too) Surprised

HENRY: He’s and ancient Cornish rex, meaning his fur is curly and soooo soft. At least, what fur he has left. We rescued him, we have no idea how old he is but a good guess in prehistorically ancient. He has half his fur missing, no teeth, he's skinny apart from his belly which is huge, his skin is twice as big as his body and we love him! By far the ugliest cat in Milton Keynes, he makes up for it with a beautiful personality.
He suffers from kitty Alzheimer's and will often walk up an down the lounge wailing, in fact all he ever does is walk around wailing, apart from eating and lying on your bed, dribbling gently and letting out the most horrendous snores you’ll ever hear. Love him to bits.
Hmm, I don't have any photos, probably because the camera broke. But as soon as I do, they’ll be up here!

ZIGZAG: One of the kittens from the first litter of our slutty teenage mother of a cat. Henry thought he was the mother of them, and used to sit on them. I sometimes had to pull them out from under him to stop them suffocating. Therefore I’m pretty sure this one got brain damage due to lack of oxygen because she's totally insane. She’ll be walking along and then will flop onto her side for no reason and wiggle on the floor like a banana, earning her the nickname “bananacat” she also seems to have picked u on Henry’s constant wailing and chirrups, especially when jumping up on things or doing something she thinks we should pay attention to, like she's got her own little theme tune. Her mother lives on every house in our street and only comes home once a week to fight with her daughter and be generally grumpy, so I wont say anything really about her. Here she is as a kitten!

GUINEA PIGS: we have three, one of them is the great great grandmother of the others, she's ancient and also the friendliest. The others are pretty neurotic, but we love them all the same. Here's Smarties the granny with her first baby:

SHINE: Shine is my pony, he’s the only man in my life and I absolutely adore him. Totally and utterly. He’s a 14.3 black dales, totally insecure, he’ll follow you round, and whenever he's worried his lower lip wobbles. Its so cute! He’s 19 now so pretty old for a horse, but he acts about 3 and he's my baby! I could go on about him all day but I probably ought to wrap up this post ey! We have 4 other ponies, Kessie the 25 yr old who I mentioned before, her grumpy-ass son Tally who hates Shine and me, Annie who's a chestnut Arab, and Bubbles all of whom I will talk more about in a later post. But for now, I really should finish!

SHIIINE!!!

Tell me about your animals, what they do and why you love them!

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pets and Animals. Miaow!

Post  greven on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:29 pm

Well we have 24 horses at the moment (parents are horse people) and I hate the lot of them, not only are they always breaking out of their nice and big field thingies where they should be eating grass, they are also the cause of many a foot damage. Just resently it reduced a couple of my toes to a bloody mess. Yay for the 200 thousand dollar horsie!

We also have 2 dogs, one is called Siva and is fat for life, it is about 12 years old or so, so that is kind of cool. But it is definetly close to the end, it never does anything, just walks arond and sleeps a lot.
The other is called Tess and is young and energetic, it loves hunting cars and the postman especially Very Happy

There is also about 5 thousand pigs, but I dont really know them XD
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  oldguy on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:11 am

You guys must have a fairly large ranch Greven. That's a lot of livestock.
I have a hermit crab named Buster. I had two but Buster drug his brother
out of his shell, killed him, and then took over living in his shell.
Buster is a real baddass.
oldguy

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/oldguy85308

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:46 am

Buster is my new fav animal Very Happy and yes it is fairly large Smile
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:10 am

i have lots of animals too.
2 geese -- an afican goose and a ross goose
500 lambs---my favorite is called PAXAM
10 cats---i hate cats
1 dog----MAX, i love him. he's a hound dog.
50 chickens
20 or less (haven't count them) guajolotes or turkeys

i have a house (where i live); a ranch (we have the lamps there and the chickens) we have lamps for reproduccion, PAXAM is the alfa male and "de engorda" meaning we fatten them up to sell them and become barbacoa or cochinita and i never go there; and a very small piece of land where we have the other animals.
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:04 pm

*faints*

I thought I had plenty of animals to go around but I have been well and truly beaten!

Well, my girlfriend has my camera at the moment, but as soon as i have got it back, I will be posting loads of pictures of my animals, and also what I've been doing recently. Be prepared for some terrible pictures, photography is not my thing it seems. Razz

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:58 pm

that would be sweet i wish i had a camera to show you mine.
but my animals hate me i don't know why, they just do.

PAXAM tried to attack me the other day Crying or Very sad
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Hue on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:40 am

I have one chicken. D':
Fly Hue

View user profile http://user.drunkduck.com/Fly%20Hue

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:24 am

Lol XD
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:38 pm

the damn cats that live in my other house ate my food Mad
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:29 pm

Oh dear, bad cats!

My cat drinks coffee when youre not looking, she's so funny when she's all pepped up on caffeine

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:25 pm

This morning, my cat (the one with teeth and fur left) caught a live magpie, dragged it through the catflap and let it go in the house. It certainly makes breakfast more interesting when theres a shellshocked magpie flying over your heads.

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:01 pm

One of our dogs, the older one, is on its last legs. It is dying of old age, and it has lived a good life, but it is still kind of sad.
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:59 pm

Sad

It's so sad when you know they're going to go soon.

I'm always the one tofind dead/dying animals. I think I must attract them or something.

This last month I had to kill 2 pigeons, and it's harder than it sounds! Its neck was already all mashed up so I couldn't break it, and I tried to chop off its head with a spade, but it didn't work! So then I hit it a load of times over the head with a brick and chucked it in a bush.

The life I lead.

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:11 pm

That sounds brutal Elmo.
Almost comedic brutal.
Like that cow from I, me and Irene. =P
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:15 pm

It may sound comedic now but it was not at the time!

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:24 pm

I know it wasnt elmo, I just never have that problem myself, I am actually pretty good at killing things.
I ran a deer down once (small one) and it was bleeding on the ground, so I called my dad and asked what I should do. He told me to put it out of its missery and bring it home.
I wont disgust you with the details but it wasnt pretty
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:10 pm

we kill labs, the ones we're going to sell
and we used to kill hens all the time
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:47 pm

I think I took part in "hen killing" when I was a kid, I never swung the axe though =P
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:57 pm

me neither!!!
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:21 pm

I just gave my half bald toothless noisy cat Henry a bath. Honestly? I prefer killing pigeons.

He makes the most awful drawn-out wails you can imagine, and he looks o pathetic sitting there with his loose rolls of flab floating in the bath.

BUT I used volumising shampoo, and now what little fur he has sticks straight out! he has curly fur because he's a cornish rex, and now he looks like a big ugly fluffball. But i love him!

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:15 pm

idon't like cats, i can't understand what people see in them...
can you tell me??
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:11 am

Cats are wonderful!

They
a.ignore you
b.get hair all over everything
c.scratch you
d.trip you up
e.sleep on your face
f.sneeze on you
g.arent litter trained
h.scratch the furniture...

Hang on, why DO people like cats?!

Nah, they can be just as much trouble as any other pet, but theyre quite nice really. Besides, I don't really like dogs, so each to their own!

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:58 pm

They are cute as hell
and my boss are allergic to them, that is a plus Very Happy
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:22 pm

That's always a bonus!

Did you know people aren't allergic to the cat's hair, but components in its saliva that dry and float into the air, from where it licks itself?

People who own cats but are allergic can help their allergy by wiping their cats with baby wipes every day.

Fun Fact of the day!

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top