I recommend: Comedy stand-up and skits

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I recommend: Comedy stand-up and skits

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:35 pm

affraid My nephew is always going on about this guy so i thought i'd see what all the fuss is about. affraid

Dane Cook: The Vicious Circle

and my personal favorite, Kathy Griffin: She'll cut a bitch. This was at the Kodac Theatre in Hollywood. I was there. My friend surprised me for my birthday with tickets. It was hilarious!

Last edited by bryterlayter on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: I recommend: Comedy stand-up and skits

Post  alain1609 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:15 pm

first, isn't dane cook the guy who hosted the nickelodeon awards???
he's pretty boring.

kathy griffing for the other hand uses bad words so i'm not a fan of her either, i shall post in a little whiile my favorite comedian, let's see what you think of it.
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:36 pm

Dane cook is pretty good, but to get some really good comedy you gotta go brittish, they are funny as hell.

I love these guys Very Happy

greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:43 pm

the best british commedian is fraser Laughing lol!
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunaris on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:29 pm

Gotta throw my vote for Stephen Lynch, seen here performing one of his classics.

Gotta warn there is foul language.

And I've gotta give some love to the great and sadly late Mitch Hedberg. Also some foul language, but if you can get his jokes then they're worth it.

Lunaris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:17 pm

Omg, i'm gonna watch all of these right now! Ale, ale, my dear, dear, ale, you disappoint me! I don't care what you say about Dane Cook but not about Kathy Griffin! Oh my stars and glitters! Granted, she's not for everyone, but I just love her stuff. I like that she doesn't care who she offends. And she's one of the few comedians I have ever actually laughed out loud at. (I don't laugh.) Then again that's just me. But show me who you like!

And Greven, British humor is definitely for me. I thought for sure you'd post some Monty Python on here. Or some Kids in the Hall! Crazy Canadians! Mr Tyzik, the head crusher and 30 Helens agree.

Lunaris: I like your taste in comedy! That Lynch guy is really funny!

Last edited by bryterlayter on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cuz i'm a screwup!)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunaris on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:14 am

Stephen Lynch is a comedy gold-mine...if you have a particularly sick and twisted sense of humor as I do.

The song I posted above is funny, and one of his tamer ones. The guy is completely irreverant, and makes light of even the most serious of social issues and problems. Absolutely nothing is sacred. With that in mind, I'm posting a couple of more videos, but keep in mind...some could easily be offended. I offer these to you at a view-at-your-own-risk sort of deal. Enjoy, or pass 'em by.

For the record though, I won't be posting anymore of his stuff. I don't mind offending some people, but I'll only push it so far.

For other tastes, I could recommend...

...Daniel Tosh. Although still potentially offensive, it's easier to forget it as he goes right from one subject to the next.

...Ellen Degeneres. I'll be the first to admit I'm not much a fan of Ellen. Just never really was. But at the same time, she has her moments. I have no complaints or qualms against her, just a slightly different comedic sense.

...the Blue Collar Comedy guys. I just couldn't stop laughing for some reason. This clip guest-stars Drew Carey.

Lunaris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:56 pm

i think my favorite commedians are the ones who doen't need to insult people to be funny.
SOOOOOO bryter, i'm sorry if i disappiont you but i didn0't say i haterd her, i don't think is funny when you insult people, you're right is not for everyone.

i like Ellen Degenerest, maybe for that same reason.
my favorite comidians are mexican so i'm not bothering you with that
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Haha there were some really good one there Lunaris, though the Deck one was kind of lame.

I gotta throw you some more brittish stuff Very Happy
Eddie Izzard is my fav stand up commedian out there, yes he is a transvestite. Very brittish humor, and very similar to the danish Very Happy

Oh and here is a good one from colledge humor live Very Happy

greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top