I recommend

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I recommend

Post  eSilva on Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:27 am

to tell you the truth Ale the " Rolling Eyes " is disrespectful when you're apologizing. It gives the impression that you are not sorry at all. Maybe it's just me but that's rude in any multi-cultural place.

and that black saint is suppose to be St. Martin de Porres. Of course it's been mistaken for Christ since the cross appears right after he kisses her. That being said, is there something wrong with a black christ or what it that he kissed her that you thought was wrong? Maybe I totally got that wrong. OH BY THE WAY- I don't know if you know who the Ku Klux Klan is but I really think you may have completely misinterpreted the part of the burning crosses. A critical part in the Music Video is how a BLACK man gets arrested because the cops think he killed a woman when it was actually WHITE men who did it- how instead of asking the man what happened, the cops thought he was the culprit. It's Modanna making a statement on racism, not against christian/catholic religion. At least that's what i've found to be true about this vid. And if you needed more proof..well there is a black church chior singing, a black saint, and blacks everywhere.... so this vid didn't have that much to do with religion other then how whites have used it as a way to justify themselves for being so cruel to other races in the past as well as in the present (this was a 90s vid).

Yeah it's a controversial video..everyone is entitled to their opinions but some sensitivity to those opinions would be appreciated...

and bryter THAT IS THE COOLEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN THAT INVOLVED STICKYS!!!!!!!!!!!
eSilva

View user profile http://www.drunkduck.com/chemistry

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:02 am

Gotta go with Silva on this one. I NEED MORE STIKIES! Seriously that was bloody brilliant!
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:24 pm

Yup, guys that's what you get when you have 280,951 stickies at your disposal and a hell of a lotta time to waste. I'm sure you've seen this one?:

and this one:

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:41 pm

That was freaking epic domino!

Reminds me of this one:

Also this guy is awesome. I want his book so bad Very Happy
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:50 pm

That was cool! I looove dominos but i have no patience to sit there and line them up. I wonder how they got the coins to stay there and not roll away. That musta been harder to do than getting them to stand up. alien cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:59 am

God I hate clowns so much

greven

Back to top Go down

Post  eSilva on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:11 am

I hate clowns just as much as the next person and even more but that was hilarious!!!
eSilva

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:38 am

omg, that was classic, grev. And really it explains so much....

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:05 am

I dont know if any of you like Violin play but if by chance you havent heard this song then you just HAVE to hear it.
One of my favorite songs of all times.

Also this very sad and beautiful song:

greven

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:47 pm

Crying or Very sad that was a very beautiful song Crying or Very sad
the last one i mean!!!
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eSilva on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:43 pm

I don't normally listen to country as I can't really get past the music sometimes, however, I love the genre because every song is a story, kinda like some mexican music my dad listened to from when I was little called "Ranchera" which would be the equivalent to country I suppose..

Anyway at first I didn't really like the video...for some reason going that far over a broken heart, to me, it's . Call me a hypocrite but once it switched to her and it became a mutual pain for both of them, well I was able to sympathize more. It's ironic that I thought "dude, she's probably really sorry, giver her a damn chance to explain etc" but then he offs himself basically and she follows suit.....it actually made me tear up a little. Oh and that little girl who could see them, ha, that was clever xD

as for "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" that is just about the best country song ever recorded! "Fiddle" is a cute word. I've always wanted to learn to play the Violin but no such luck, I had to settle for drums xD
eSilva

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:04 pm

pa' rancheras...

PEDRO INFANTE yayyyyyy!!!!!
pelea de sones.

alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:11 pm

Alain I have no problem with other than english music, but this is an english forum so can you at least keep the forum post english?
You can post the music but I get insanely little out of whatever you are saying about the song.
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:17 pm

PA' RANCHERA--- the typical song of that genre (ranchera)
and PELEA DE SONES---- is the name of the song.
ok???? Smile
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:16 pm

sorry I didnt know XD
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  eSilva on Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:55 am

Ale, that song was freaking awesome. I remember Pedros Infante's movies, not well but they were always interesting to watch. xD
eSilva

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:31 am

greven

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:32 pm

jajjaajjajajajaja.... Laughing
've played all the resident evil games and never realized that.
that means i'm not a good resident evil fan [depressed] Sad
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

National Pride

Post  greven on Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:18 pm

Okay here is an idea, everyone should create a post in this thread containing something they are proud of from their country (state for you americans) and that way we can inspire each other a little and get some diversity here Very Happy
Alain's mesican (?) vid gave me the idea Very Happy
I think that you can do more posts but try to keep every post with a theme, like music from your country, or films from your country, or architecture from your country or whatever from your country. But remember, keep it within state limits americans Smile

This one is gonna be about Danish music, because I for one like it Very Happy

This First one is a done by a pretty "new on the scene "danish singer and song writer called: Thomas Buttenshøn.
The song is about a guy (him) cuddling with his girlfriend while she is asleep, untill she wakes up and is all negative. I couldnt find the song I was actually looking for but this is still really good Very Happy It is in danish but the tune is really nice give it a listen Smile

The second one is Everything Glows by D.A.D. (disneyland after dark) I had a really hard time choosing a song from D.A.D.'s wast list of great great rock songs but I ended up with everything glows that is a personal favorit of mine and one of their pretty big hits. But if you like this one you will want to check out Bad craziness, sleeping my day away and a dozen other great songs

For the third we go to danish lyrics again. America have country music, we have this stuff. I really have no idea if you will like this or not, I grew up with it as my parents are big fans and I absolutely love everything Lars Lillholt band made in the 1990's and this is one of their most famous songs, but hell do they have a lot of good ones. They are like Whisky in a jar, more stories than songs. This song is a story about a famous murdered turned hero turned murderer. During a war Jens Langkniv (Jens the Dagger) kills a lot of germans so he is seen as a hero, but he doesnt stop after the war so they end up hanging him. Not one of their most famous numbers but I fucking love it. (also he plays a decent fiddle)

Okay for the last one I am gonna go with one that you might actually know. "Aqua" (band name) was the biggest export ware of the 90's and Barbie girl is the one song that every european seems to know, but I wonder if anyone statesite knows it? Anyway I have heard it to death and hates it now but goddamn it was good back then Very Happy
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:42 pm

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
apart from this great idea of yours...
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE AQUA!!!!!! lol!
i didn't know they were danish, woooow i learned something new today.

and well all the songs were great specially the third one.
it makes me remember a song from MAGO DE OZ(a band), but i'll explain it in my next post.
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NATIONAL PRIDE

Post  alain1609 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:39 pm

well, i'm not going with music this time instead i'm going to show you the beauty of my culture:
in fact i'm YUCATECAN, that means i live in YUCATAN(the state) and looking more closely in MERIDA(my city), is by the star, right there.

now, í'll start with the architecture: CHICHEN ITZA(one of the 7 new wonders)
i hope you've heard about "the equinox" it happenes twice a year in the solstice of spring and autum, the feathered serpent decends from the north stairs of "the castle of chichen itza".

the second one is the temple of the warriors, beautiful!!!

i can't name all of the temples so stay with this two, and ladys and gentlemen i present you the "cenotes"

A cenote.- (pronounced in Mexican Spanish [seˈnote] and in English [səˈnoʊteɪ],is a sinkhole with exposed rocky edges containing groundwater. It is typically found in the Yucatán Peninsula and some nearby Caribbean islands. The term is derived from a word used by the low-land Yucatec Maya to refer to any location where groundwater is accessible.

i hope you like it.
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:14 am

First if all: Yeah Aqua is danish. Lene is actually a sweed but the 3 guys are danish Smile

And yeah the third song is really good. Lars Lilholt band is not one of the best danish bands for nothing Smile They have been playing for what 20 years? something like that anyway. There are just TONS of great songs they have made, picking one was hard as all hell. There is a song about a guy selling his soul to the devil to learn to play the violin, that is a seriously great song but I cant seem to find it anywhere.
I have been to 3 conserts with Lars Lilholt, of course that doesnt give you a lot of street respect as they are not seen as "cool" by the youth.

I will say though. We dont have anything that comes even close to those awesome buildings! We have even heard about those ruins over here on the other side of the world Smile
I didnt know the thing about the serpent shadow and I thought disney had made that game up in that cartoon El Dorado XD
Gotta suck to be one point behind when the wistle blows XD
greven

Back to top Go down

how to eat a burger!!!!!

Post  alain1609 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:02 am

Wink if you still don't know the right way to eat a burger, take a look at this video Wink

Twisted Evil now you know how,don't embarrass yourself DO IT!!!!!! Twisted Evil
~eat fruits and vegetables~ cherry
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:18 am

I dont think that girl is using quite enough ketchup. I mean she didnt even come close to emptying the bottle.
What a n00b Razz
greven

Back to top Go down

Is It A Good Idea To Microwave Fireworks?

Post  alain1609 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:28 pm

Twisted Evil Is It A Good Idea To Microwave Fireworks? Twisted Evil
nop, it isn't and now you're going to see why... Evil or Very Mad

Sad Sad poor HELGA ~R.I.P.~ (talking about the microwave) Sad Sad
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next