Long Distance ;_;

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Long Distance ;_;

Post  wyldflowa on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:39 am

Well, I'm not as long-distance from my sweetie as some people have been, but it's terribly hard. We just got back from a romanticy birthday holiday in Italy together and now going back to life solo again is already getting me down... Plus the thought that we may not be able to see each other for a long while now (me unable to get breaks from work, her unable to get breaks from uni and both being too poor to afford the trains) isn't making it easier. Then there's future thoughts for this year... She'll be going on tour with her rugby team soon and eventhough I trust her, it's evidently not enough as the idea of her being around dozens of rambunctious women is straining... especially as kindly teamates have bade her "good luck" in sticking to a monogamous relationship during the tour. Then she'll be off to visit family for three months in the summer when we'll literally have no correspondence whatsoever - no internet, not even writing letters to each other...

I've been in a long-distance relationship before, but certainly wasn't this emotionally invested in it. I'm finding this so difficult. My heart breaks at every moment I can't be there for her when she needs me and it hurts being unable to share so many things in her life... Sad

Anyone have their own tales of long distance relationships? How on earth do you cope with this?

*goes back to comic work*
wyldflowa

View user profile http://www.drunkduck.com/Rainbow_Carousel

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Distance ;_;

Post  tara on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:47 pm

I myself haven't been in a long distance relationship but a friend of mine is, so this may all sound ridiculous, I don't know!

I guess just know that you ARE going to miss her, no matter what, but the time you spend together is worth missing her afterward. My friend bends over backwards to see his girlfriend, even if only for a few days. Also, even though she is far away, that doesn't mean you don't try to be romantic and don't try to make an effort to make her feel like she is never far from your heart! Emails, letters, tiny hand-made gifts that are easy to send, phone calls... Maybe if you are thinking about how to make the relationship whimsical and unexpected instead of thinking about how sad you feel not seeing her your overall mood will be improved.

As for the three months she'll be with family, would you be able to call? Or is it complete radio silence? I think for that ... maybe before she leaves you'll have to set up a "date" for as soon as she is back with the living world? So that both of you know that you are going to see (or phone, or talk on MSN... although seeing her would be preferable of course!) each other as soon as you can? And so that you have a day to focus on.

Good luck! (And may I just say: YAY comic work. :3)
tara

View user profile http://www.drunkduck.com/Good_Taste

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:54 pm

The fact that you are scared of her spending all that time with her rugby team does not mean you dont trust her, it just means you are afraid of loosing her.

I dont know if she would dislike things like suprise visits, but if she can handle a suprise visit then plan out a date for wherever she is with her rugby team and then treat her to a romantic evening she never saw comming. and of course keep corresponding going, talk on the phone as much as you can and keep sending small SMS'es so that she knows you are still missing her.

As for the family time maybe you can make an aragement with the rest of the family that you can come visit a weekend or so, they will understand your feelings I am sure of it Very Happy

Keep your head held high Wyldflowa and I am sure you will keep your queen queen through all the trouble you may find on your road to happiness I love you
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ReiDavidson on Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:02 pm

ahhh omg do I have a story about long distance relationships that I probably won't be ready to talk about for like at least 6 more months.
ReiDavidson
Admin

View user profile http://true2ourhearts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Hue on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:00 pm

I have no experience with long-distance relationships.

Or any relationships for that matter.

But I will recommend hand written letters. My heart flutters when ever I get a frickin' e-mail from my crush, it makes me a happy that can last for days. Hand-written letters though, those are so much more personal: the handwriting, the fact that you can doodle in the margins, that you can hold it in your own two hands, opening the sealed letter... It's a dying art, which will make it much more worth it. Don't feel concerned that you may be 'not a good enough writer'. I assure you, anything written by one's sweetheart feels priceless. Write down anything that's on your mind, and if you're lucky she'll get the gist and start writing back.
Fly Hue

View user profile http://user.drunkduck.com/Fly%20Hue

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiri on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:12 am

I definitely agree with the hand written letters! And whenever you can't see each other, just keep in contact with little messages, but make sure you make up the time with phone calls or msn or whatever...something live, anyway. It helps a lot, especially if you get into one of those conversations that last all night I love you

I'm sorry you two have to go through this, but don't worry! I know how it feels but it'll all work out soon. And we all really appreciate that you're still drawing Wink
Kiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top