Chaos and Order- New comic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chaos and Order- New comic

Post  Jase on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:23 am

So... I was wondering if people would be interested in my new comic. It's still got a very "newbie" vibe to it since it's my first comic; but I hope it'll work out well. I have a very extensive storyline planned!

Sexuality is not the main issue in it; but it is an issue, and not a small one. There'll be a lot about gender in it; and a lot of the sexuality issues tie into that.

Please be aware that I'm not looking for critique, as I know it needs improvement (although I like to think the art is better than many new comics!) and please also be aware that it's rated M on DD- it's got some swearing, and some gore. (Or will have.) If you're okay with the background image of the fifth page you should have no issues.

Chaos and Order, for your pleasure.
Jase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chaos and Order- New comic

Post  ReiDavidson on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:24 am

You get a pass on being newbish, as you are new at this. XD

So far it's interesting and looking good. I faved it and will be waiting for more. :3
ReiDavidson
Admin

View user profile http://true2ourhearts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:06 pm

...Five or six hours. xD I'll probably be updating just past midnight my time, since I have a friend who nags me to do so. Then I'll be working on setting out a proper update schedule.

And thank you- it's so early on I wasn't sure what sort of "feel" it gave. >.>
Jase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:15 pm

I think the art is more than okay, but then again I sat through the first year of No need for bushido, without complaining Very Happy
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Joneko on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:40 pm

The art is far from newbish, it's very lovely -- and the plot seems like it could be really fascinating. I have a thing for myth-based plots, especially myths a person sort of formulates on their own, so I think I'm going to be very entertained. :3
Joneko
Admin

View user profile http://joneko.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:12 pm

Thank you for the kind words- the idea that people will be interested is really inspiring. I was originally going to post the intro as a teaser and then take a month to build up a buffer and do graphics work; but I'm very tempted to cut it down to a week or two instead.
Jase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joneko on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:31 pm

I do definitely recommend building a buffer, speaking as someone who has witnessed those that don't. *cough*
Joneko
Admin

View user profile http://joneko.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:33 pm

I do intend to update at first slower than I'm working, so I can continue to add to the buffer, and reach a point where I'm comfortable at the pace I'm working.
Jase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ReiDavidson on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:51 pm

Joneko wrote:I do definitely recommend building a buffer, speaking as someone who has witnessed those that don't. *cough*
Neutral Don't gimme your sass woman! XD
ReiDavidson
Admin

View user profile http://true2ourhearts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:26 pm

I just read the news on the page today and all I can say is: DRAMA!

That is a lot of shit going on, you almost have enough content there to last half an episode of Beverly hills... And thats a lot
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tara on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:21 pm

Really like the comic! Good art. Faved, and I'll be keeping an eye on things. Can already see definite personalities developing!

One thing I'll say, and it's just a me thing... There is a lot of text at the beginning. When a person comes looking for comic and they see a wall of text, it might be difficult to get into. Maybe start with some more 'comic ness' and THEN put the legend in? Or instead of just text, include more pictures so that it's a comic telling of the legend, instead of just the writing.
tara

View user profile http://www.drunkduck.com/Good_Taste

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:18 pm

DRAAAMAAA indeed.

Tara- I was worried about that, to be honest... But I really wanted the legend to be the introduction, and I wasn't sure how else to fit it in. I may end up re-doing it down the line, especially if I have a really good idea of how to put it in.

I'm glad the artists' block the last page gave me is gone- I'm enjoying getting back to it. ^_^
Jase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tara on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Yeah, I read the legend and enjoyed it!! But I didn't know if it's an effective way to open a comic when people want to get into the 'action'. (Says the girl with the slowest comic ever, but I don't necessarily mean action as in fighting or something, just action in general? If that makes sense...)
tara

View user profile http://www.drunkduck.com/Good_Taste

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:50 am

Not including title pages, by page ten, the action is DEFINATELY kicking off. (Although, if you do include the title pages, there's definate hints of it by page ten as well!)
Jase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Felicity on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:09 pm

The comic looks great. I faved it and I can't wait to read more.

(May I just say that I love the background on page 7? It's beautiful! And so much tension in the faces! Surprised)
Felicity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:08 am

I just want to say I really like this comic though it hasn't gotten going yet. First of all, it is the art that stands out. I haven't read your comic in quite awhile (cuz of the hiatus) but i still remember the image of the whipped and bloody enslaved human, the dojo (?) and the details of the village with the wise people with grey sashes, and that awesome picture of the jedi-like swordsman.
As much as I like the art, though it's the story that I want to follow. I have lots of questions already but i dont wanna spoil your setup as your story is right in the middle of that. So you know just kinda waiting patiently.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top