Gay Group at school

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  ReiDavidson on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:36 pm

My friend Shannon is totally bisexual.
avatar
ReiDavidson
Admin

Posts : 328
Join date : 2009-01-22
Age : 30

View user profile http://true2ourhearts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  greven on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:41 pm

I am not saying true Bi dont exist, I am just saying I havent met any yet
avatar
greven

Posts : 807
Join date : 2009-02-02
Age : 27
Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  Jase on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:34 am

Uhm- hi? xD I'm bisexual. Pansexual, really; but let's just go with bisexual, because we could really complicate matters with asexualism, pansexualism, etc. xD
Gender means... nothing to me. I can find men and women attractive, but my preference is men purely because I get on with them better- not because of anything physical. I never let a person's gender affect how I view them, though; or whether or not I'd be "interested" in them- although that could be because of my own gender experiences.


Last edited by Jase on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Elaboration)
avatar
Jase

Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-02-21
Location : Hampshire, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  ReiDavidson on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:29 am

Yeah but Shannon like girls in a certain way and guys in another certain way. She sees gender. She just generally likes what she sees.
avatar
ReiDavidson
Admin

Posts : 328
Join date : 2009-01-22
Age : 30

View user profile http://true2ourhearts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  Jase on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:16 am

I see gender, but when it comes to talking to a person and getting to know them, it means nothing. I actually see my partner as more femanine than masculine (although I wouldn't tell him that!)
Just looking, well... then I pay attention to it, obviously. xP
avatar
Jase

Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-02-21
Location : Hampshire, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  Emilyelizabethx on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:05 am

I see gender. I just focus more on personality more than anything. If I'm with someone who has a nasty personality, I can't stand it one bit. When I meet someone I just zoom in on their personality and ignore everything else.
I prefer masculine people though. I'm such a big girly girl. The people I date tend to be men because they ones I meet are masculine.
avatar
Emilyelizabethx

Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-02-04
Age : 26
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  ReiDavidson on Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:48 pm

You know what moment made me mad?

I was at a New Years party. And at midnight, Kat and I, who is purely my friend, not my girlfriend, jokingly started making out like we were "kissing at midnight." This girl we didn't know at the party made this face: D:

So she and this other guy start whispering to one another and looking at me but I ignored it completely. So I'm pwning some bitches in a game of Bullshit when she walks around to the opposite side of the table and starts batting her eyes at me.

From what I understand, this was her theory.

She thought I was gay.

If I was gay I'd like girls.

If I like girls I must like all girls.

If she batted her eyes at me, I'd immediately like her because she's a girl and I'm gay.

So the best way to find out if I was gay was to bat her eyes at me.

That assumption annoyed the hell out of me. Do you test to see if a boy is straight by idiotically standing in front of him and making pretty eyes? I mean she didn't look cute. She looked...mentally handicapped.

So I asked her loudly "... Are you giving me a gay test?"

And she gets embarrassed and is like "... Yeah."

"I'm gay as hell. Go away."

And she did.
avatar
ReiDavidson
Admin

Posts : 328
Join date : 2009-01-22
Age : 30

View user profile http://true2ourhearts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  greven on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:29 pm

Best thing I heard all night Rei Very Happy
avatar
greven

Posts : 807
Join date : 2009-02-02
Age : 27
Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  Felicity on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:12 pm

^ Agreed. Razz Just cause someone's the right gender doesn't mean they're going to get along together.
avatar
Felicity

Posts : 54
Join date : 2009-02-05
Age : 26
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  Fly Hue on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:57 pm

Yeah, like when guys -and even some girls- say they don't want to make friends with or be around gay people because they're afraid that the person will like them or start flirting with them. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THAT IRRESISTIBLE?? Most gay people can hold their self control when it comes to knowing that developing a crush on a straight person is not a wise decision. :/
avatar
Fly Hue

Posts : 215
Join date : 2009-01-31
Age : 26
Location : San Antonio, TX

View user profile http://user.drunkduck.com/Fly%20Hue

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  Fly Hue on Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:06 pm

Then there's the guys -and even some girls- that don't want to hang out with gay people because they're afraid that the person will start flirting with them. Are you really THAT IRRESISTIBLE? Most gay people have a sense of self control, I mean, crushing on a straight person is just an overall bad move.
avatar
Fly Hue

Posts : 215
Join date : 2009-01-31
Age : 26
Location : San Antonio, TX

View user profile http://user.drunkduck.com/Fly%20Hue

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  Elmoslayer on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:03 pm

I really wish there was a an LGBT group at my school! Unfortunately it would only be me there Sad

My old school had a lot of people who identified as LGBT, and although there was no "club" there were a large group of people who always hung around together, including my then girlfriend. I had another group of friends who I got on very well with, but try as I might I just couldn't get along with my girlfriend's big old group of LGBT friends. They were all just too much the same! I felt very outcast because i didn't do the things they all did, like I didn't like Tegan and Sara, I didn't watch The L Word, I didnt have short hair or camo pedal pushers. I hated feeling like I had to be like them in order to be "truly gay".

In my new school, which is a lot more conservative, and very cliquey, I have a small group of "non-cliquey" friends, but now I have become something of a token gay. People only seem to see me as "the lesbian one", although there is so much more to me than just my sexuality. I also find that although people are interested in the fact I am a lesbian ( ohmigod really? so, like, how do you have sex then? *sigh*), they are not at all interested in hearing me out when i want to talk about it. I am not one to talk constantly about the fact I am gay, but sometimes when you need to talk about things it's nice to have people who are willing to hear it! The consequence is, I feel pretty left out a lot of the time, even among my friends.

I suppose that's why i first got into webcomics like Simply Sarah, and joined this forum, so I could relate to people who may be going through similar stuffs and stuff.


Yeah so this is a mammoth post, sorry about rambling on and on, this should really be in the "not fitting in anywhere" thread, but what the heck.

Elmoslayer

Posts : 341
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 25
Location : Milton Keynes, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  Elmoslayer on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:07 pm

Fly Hue wrote:Then there's the guys -and even some girls- that don't want to hang out with gay people because they're afraid that the person will start flirting with them. Are you really THAT IRRESISTIBLE? Most gay people have a sense of self control, I mean, crushing on a straight person is just an overall bad move.

Oh, I just hate that! The number of people who get all like "As long as you dont come on to me!"
Just because somebody is gay doesnt mean they automatically get obsessed with everyone. Even my friends treat me differently because of it, and I absolutely hate it. Even though its nothing really obvious, the little signs annoy you, no?

RAWR. Okay, rant officially over now. Phew!

Elmoslayer

Posts : 341
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 25
Location : Milton Keynes, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  Fly Hue on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:27 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean about those little signs, but my friends are pretty good about it for the most part. I'm the token gay, but in the good way where they DO realize there is more to me than my sexuality and they value my "lesbian input" when appropriate. I guess I'm lucky :S

I actually just experienced some gay on gay profiling of that type recently... I had to keep accepting repeated friend's requests on my facebook account from a girl that I know likes me, so I thought she was just being her usual super-shy-self, being all like "Oh god! Why did I just do that??" Then delete and re-friend. BUT it turned out that she has a jealous ex girlfriend that was doing some snooping and was all like, "He~y. This person you just friend-ed has that she likes girls on her profile! And then she used her expired authority of disapproving of our friendship by hacking into my friend's account and deleting me repeatedly.
So like... even though who this girl is seeing is no longer relevant to her ex, the ex is still profiling me based on my preferences and deciding just because we're two gay friends that we MUST be into each other. 9v9
avatar
Fly Hue

Posts : 215
Join date : 2009-01-31
Age : 26
Location : San Antonio, TX

View user profile http://user.drunkduck.com/Fly%20Hue

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  ReiDavidson on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:49 pm

Well I have a crush on every girl here. D:
avatar
ReiDavidson
Admin

Posts : 328
Join date : 2009-01-22
Age : 30

View user profile http://true2ourhearts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  greven on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:35 pm

ReiDavidson wrote:Well I have a crush on every girl here. D:

See: now I just feel left out Razz
avatar
greven

Posts : 807
Join date : 2009-02-02
Age : 27
Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  Fly Hue on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:18 pm

Hey man, there's Jase too. Now who's leaving people out?
avatar
Fly Hue

Posts : 215
Join date : 2009-01-31
Age : 26
Location : San Antonio, TX

View user profile http://user.drunkduck.com/Fly%20Hue

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  Felicity on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:32 am

Fly Hue wrote:So like... even though who this girl is seeing is no longer relevant to her ex, the ex is still profiling me based on my preferences and deciding just because we're two gay friends that we MUST be into each other. 9v9
But of course it's perfectly fine for a straight girl and a straight guy to be friends without everyone assuming that they're into each other. D:
avatar
Felicity

Posts : 54
Join date : 2009-02-05
Age : 26
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  NikiPaprika on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:10 am

Hai there! Mostly joined so i could say this:
I completely agree with you, Fox!
I always thought I was the only one who felt like that.
I've always hated these "gay groups", and when I tell just anyone that, they assume I'm being homophobic, but as a lesbian, that would be difficult. XD
But it's just that although these groups are just there to support gay people and such, and I know they only mean good to spread awareness of gay people, but I hate the whole "tarring everyone with one brush" thing. Personally, I want to be liked for the person I am, rather than just because I'm a lesbian.
I suppose it's because people would never assume I am a lesbian off the bat, because I dislike the whole "dyke" fashion. I see it that nowadays you can be gay or lesbian but not have to become a stereotype. I love my long hair, my curves, and the fact that I go crazy for cute things. Of course, I do have a more butch part of me too, but that's more mental than physical. XD
But I get what you mean. So I might meet other lesbians if I went to those groups. And? That would be all we have in common. =/ I've had a young lesbian friend ask me about any shoujou-ai/yuri anime titles, and I just shrugged and said I had no idea. She then said "But you're a lesbian, right? You should know SOME titles at least!"
._________.;
since when is it that I'm gay that I have to like any show that has nothing but lesbians in it?
Sure, I read gay webcomics and what not, but I'm also an action junkie and a ho' for comedy.
I don't want people to assume that about me! D8<

I dunno, I just think that if you want to be accepted as a gay person nowadays (particularly in the UK), you just gotta be who you are, not you're sexuality. Sure, it's a PART of you, but it's not the ONLY part of you.
Well, that's how I consider it anyways

And omigosh i rambled too much .___.
sorry!! >_<;;
avatar
NikiPaprika

Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-03-22
Age : 26
Location : In My Pants 8D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  Fly Hue on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:57 am

I totally know what you mean with your whole Dyke Dichotomy thing. XD I think, in a relationship, it would probably be a bit more of the man, but even then I would only be acting in a more dominating way rather than acting 'manish'. I feel guilty for liking a few guyish things, like... say yard work. Even though normal girls have their fair share of guyish interests too, even more so than I do in many cases. When it gets down to it, I like girls, because I like PRETTY, GIRLY things in general. I love lace and cute cartoons, and fairy tale frufruu, and make-up, and... I put more thought into my appearance than most of the girls in my 700 student senior class. I know I'm really girly, but I still feel like a stereotype for having short hair (no matter how chic) or wanting a utility belt (even if it is because I could use it for art supplies and looking all steampunk at the same time). There's just some places that I know I'm going out of my way to act extra girlish, just because I'm afraid of being profiled. :/
avatar
Fly Hue

Posts : 215
Join date : 2009-01-31
Age : 26
Location : San Antonio, TX

View user profile http://user.drunkduck.com/Fly%20Hue

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  NikiPaprika on Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:21 am

Fly Hue wrote:I totally know what you mean with your whole Dyke Dichotomy thing. XD I think, in a relationship, it would probably be a bit more of the man, but even then I would only be acting in a more dominating way rather than acting 'manish'. I feel guilty for liking a few guyish things, like... say yard work. Even though normal girls have their fair share of guyish interests too, even more so than I do in many cases. When it gets down to it, I like girls, because I like PRETTY, GIRLY things in general. I love lace and cute cartoons, and fairy tale frufruu, and make-up, and... I put more thought into my appearance than most of the girls in my 700 student senior class. I know I'm really girly, but I still feel like a stereotype for having short hair (no matter how chic) or wanting a utility belt (even if it is because I could use it for art supplies and looking all steampunk at the same time). There's just some places that I know I'm going out of my way to act extra girlish, just because I'm afraid of being profiled. :/
hahaha! Yeah, I know what you're saying.
I'd definitely be the more "dom" in a relationship too. XD
But that doesn't mean that I'll be dressing like a guy and act all like a dewd and stuff. o3o
And that should go for other lesbians too. I hate the whole thing of "I'm gay so I'm gonna get a mullet and start wearing army boots for no other reason than I'm a rug muncher" .____.;
(sorry to use that term, I know it's horrible but I think it's funneh ^^;; )
Though you shouldn't be afraid of being "profiled". :3 Even if people try to say that because your a lesbian you should be butch, you're obviously proving them wrong just by being yourself! XD
avatar
NikiPaprika

Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-03-22
Age : 26
Location : In My Pants 8D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  greven on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:49 am

NikiPaprika wrote:"I'm gay so I'm gonna get a mullet and start wearing army boots for no other reason than I'm a rug muncher" .____.;

I read this and my reaction was something like this: "rug? what does a rug have to do with... OH! I see"

bounce
avatar
greven

Posts : 807
Join date : 2009-02-02
Age : 27
Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  NikiPaprika on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:58 am

greven wrote:
NikiPaprika wrote:"I'm gay so I'm gonna get a mullet and start wearing army boots for no other reason than I'm a rug muncher" .____.;

I read this and my reaction was something like this: "rug? what does a rug have to do with... OH! I see"

bounce
Laughing
Bleh, I've been around boys way to long, I keep saying that awful term n_n;
avatar
NikiPaprika

Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-03-22
Age : 26
Location : In My Pants 8D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  greven on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:24 am

Pssst! I am boy. Just thought I would let you know that, before you say something dumb Very Happy
avatar
greven

Posts : 807
Join date : 2009-02-02
Age : 27
Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  NikiPaprika on Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:40 pm

greven wrote:Pssst! I am boy. Just thought I would let you know that, before you say something dumb Very Happy
actually I already assumed you were a guy n__n;
I meant the guys I hang around with 8B
They're always so sexist, but only in a jokey way. XD
avatar
NikiPaprika

Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-03-22
Age : 26
Location : In My Pants 8D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Group at school

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum