GLBT movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GLBT movie

Post  Poleroid on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:29 pm

So I saw this movie recently, called " better then chocolate" and it was ok,(except for the sex scenes, gross. XP) but it raised some questions. Mainly,

wtf, their relationship is moving too fast! She meets her, then ten minutes later they're holding hands and kissing.

Is this just hollywood magic, or something?
Poleroid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GLBT movie

Post  Jase on Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:55 am

...Hollywood magic.
If by magic you mean, "suspend disbelief and ignore irrational happenings." xP
Jase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Emilyelizabethx on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Probably. British films are alot more realistic. My Beautiful Laundrette, My Summer of Love, etc. Very Happy
Emilyelizabethx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:29 pm

American films tend to be designed to be "OMGEPIC" and keep you on the edge of your seat as much as possible, etc.
They're signs of our different cultures, in my opinion. :]
Jase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:50 pm

Magic sounds nicer but, yes
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:16 pm

I saw that film and I did think it was a little bit weird how quick they were going lol!

But it wasnt exactly a deep or serious film anyway, so I was happy to "supspend belief" as it was so aptly said, and just enjoy the lullz.

Incidentally, has anybody seen Bound? I think it may be my favourite GLBT film of all time. Ever.

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avie on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:36 pm

Yeah I remember that movie, there was just too much lady-lovin' going on and no chemistry. Ha. I haven't come across many GLBT movies lately that expose "chemistry." Chemistry makes the graphic scenes more enjoyable, in my opinion.
Avie

View user profile http://www.drunkduck.com/Sandstorm/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Hue on Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:13 pm

Oh wait! I actually remember hearing about that film! I found it on Netflix, but it had low ratings so I read some of the user reviews. Turned out the bad reviews were given for just the reasons you put here. It was unrealistic, and it was just written to please lesbians and lesbian fan boys.
... So I never watched it, having taken the advise. :3
Fly Hue

View user profile http://user.drunkduck.com/Fly%20Hue

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunaris on Sun May 31, 2009 3:39 am

Better Than Chocolate did, I think, something a lot of movies (And shows, cartoons, anime, etc) do without warning...skipped time ahead. It showed us the two meeting, hooking up, then things just skip on us. We miss out rather completely on a lot of interesting development on just how fast or slow it really did progress. Was that even really their first meeting? Might they have had something going on before?

I don't know, and doubt anyone really does. It's just thrown out there.

Given all the possibilities that just aren't explained...I like the movie.

Personally, though, my favorite is But I'm A Cheerleader.

It's goofy, it's...actually a bit downright silly at points...but that's the point itself. It doesn't take itself too seriously. I like the characters alright, it tells a cute little romantic tale, and it has a happy ending.

God, how rare happy endings are in GBLT flicks. I was so disappointed with High Art. It was beautiful...the two falling in love...the one giving up her drug addiction for the other...only for...well, if you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it.

Needless to say, I cried.

Where are all my happy homo endings? >.< I've only really seen Better Than Chocolate and But I'm A Cheerleader that had really clear-set happy endings.

Any recommendations on that front? I need some. x.x

And not Kissing Jessica Stein...somehow I just couldn't stand that movie. The ending was so hellishly rushed and thrown at me that I stopped caring about it real quick.
Lunaris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Sun May 31, 2009 8:10 am

Havent seen a lot of GLBT movies, but Shortbus has a VERY happy ending Smile
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Hue on Sun May 31, 2009 11:13 am

I've wanted to see Shortbus for a really long time now, but I don't want to rent it until AFTER I've moved out of my parents house based on the preview I saw. :DDD

But I'm A Cheerleader always reminds me of Edward Scissorhands because of all the colors! And I loved the music so much! D:

I don't remember if I've brought this up before, but a really nice film is Sommer Sturm. Mind you, it's German, so they're pretty liberal about the sex as a precautionary point. The music was pretty nice in that one as well. Oh-- and it's about guys, not girls.

I've also been wanting to see All Over Me. Has anyone seen it? Is it any good?
Fly Hue

View user profile http://user.drunkduck.com/Fly%20Hue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top