Sleeping and all things related to it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sleeping and all things related to it

Post  greven on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:03 pm

Do you do it?
Do you like doing it?
How do you sleep?
When do you sleep?
How do you get the most out of your sleep?
All those things, and more are to be discussed here.

Since it is about 3 hours past midnight and I am finally about to go to bed I thought it would a good time to throw this one up.

Personally I dont sleep a lot, mostly because I stay up till 20 past the bedtime of ghosts before going to bed, and get chased out of my bed by my parents before the sun hits zenit.
As for the sleep it self I prefer to sleep naked, I dont get all the pyjamases and stuff, I sleep in a Tshirt if it is cold and puts on some boxers if I have friends staying over but that is pretty much it. Like I said I am off to bed so I am actually naked writing this, imagine the hot body of a 19 year old stud crounched up on a chair writing just for you... Why are you all Lesbians? this is so wasted on you guys Razz And Jase is already taken Sad

Lol. Anyway how do you guys sleep, got any good tips for getting a better nights sleep? or any fun sleep related stories to share?
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

View user profile http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sleeping and all things related to it

Post  Emilyelizabethx on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:42 am

I have alot of sleep problems. But they're getting better!
I've realized exercise before sleep really helps! Very Happy
Emilyelizabethx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:22 am

I have a lot of trouble sleeping, and a lot of the time I'm up until the morning hours, sitting on my roof if the weathers nice.
However recently a few things have been helping out.

Exercise is a good one, and I find a nice hot bath and a drink before bed can help.
I've tried pills and things but they make you drowsy during the day too which is a bit of a bummer.

Recently I've been sleeping well, due to the fact that I'm on some new anti-epileptic drugs which basically knock me out lol. But as soon as i get used to those......
Sleep is for losers!

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tara on Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:49 pm

Yeah, I'm naturally a night hawk. I don't know WHY. It drives my mother crazy. I sleep in whatever t-shirt I wore that day and underwear, sometimes pajama pants. I don't like "night gown" night gowns.

I'm so sexy!!

For me I have a LOT a LOT of dreams. All the time. Practically every time I fall asleep. A lot of the dreams I have are considered nightmares to some, I suppose. A few times I've laughed myself awake, or cried myself awake. Sometimes I've phoned home convinced something bad happened to someone (never has). Once I had a dream about a poem and the next day the poem was read in class. ... Recently I've been drinking too much caffeine so I have these weird paranoid dreams, where I think someone is in the room. The other day I had a dream that some random person came into the room and lay on top of me, wrapping me in their arms. When I tried to get out of bed, I couldn't.

I love having dreams though, they give me great story ideas!
tara

View user profile http://www.drunkduck.com/Good_Taste

Back to top Go down

Post  Avie on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:41 am

Do you do it?
Hell yes. I'm a night owl. I enjoy my nights. I function better. Ha.

Do you like doing it?
Yes I do. I spend heavy hours doing comics until my fingers get tired.

When I get super sleepy, I end my comic adventures and crash on my sofa. I sleep naked too ! It's liberating. If I'm not working or have something important to do the next day, I usually sleep past noon. I love sleeping in..who doesn't..
Avie

View user profile http://www.drunkduck.com/Sandstorm/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulrika on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:32 am

I am the opposite of a night owl. I go to bed early and I wake up at very early hours, which drives my girlfriend crazy. Sometimes I stay up longer, but then I have to sleep twice as much the other day, I never get tired of sleeping. And I not especially like sleeping naked, somehow I always feel cold at night, so I sleep in tshirt and boxer shorts. And I like to write down my dreams after I wake up. they can be a good inspiration for short stories.
Ulrika

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:15 am

You can remember your dreams? Wicked! I wish I could, the only dream I remember is a nightmare that is from when I was like 10 years old, in that one my entire family was killed by an uzi wielding monkey. I am not even kidding here, that is one of the worst dreams I have ever had.

And How the hell can you get up early that is like the sum of all evils. I never do that, I hate getting up early, well not really, if I could wake up and be "awake then it would be awesome, but I cant
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:49 pm

I get up early because I have to. I stay awake at night usually because i need to complete a project or paper. I'm usually typing and then I get writers block. Most times I simply cant sleep. Oh and i cannot sleep if its absolutely quiet (unless i'm dead tired). i NEED the radio to be on. Any music will do but it needs to be on. And sleeping nudelike is fine, but only the top half and only when its hot and humid outside. (im just saying) oh, and i cant dream very well which disappoints me greatly. (just once i would love to have a YU ME dream! plug!)
Sweet Dreams are made of these.
Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  tara on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:41 am

Last night I had a dream set in ancient Rome where a brother was raping his sister and when she got pregnant he raped her again while punching her in the stomach to induce a miscarriage.

Waaaaht.
tara

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:10 am

That is positively the most insane dream I have ever EVER heard about, we REALLY need to get Freuds opinion on this one XD
I mean WHAT THE FECK Tara! What kind of sick ass movies where you watching falling asleep?
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  tara on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:08 am

Ha ha. XD This is pretty normal for me, actually, although that is a little high on the fecked up dream scale. Once I had a dream I was in a morgue and dancing with dead people. And another dream where I had to drink toilet water that had menstrual blood in it. And another one where my mother minced my brother in a farming machine of some kind and I turned out to be an undercover detective so I shot my mother. But then I might have a dream where all the people will burst into a spontaneous musical number, or something. I have cheerful dreams, too!!

And I wasn't watching a movie! I fell asleep watching Teen Titans which has nothing to do with Rome, or incest, or rape. SIGH. It is rare, actually, that what I do in a day will influence my dreams.

Last edited by tara on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:12 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I DUNNO should I swear here?)
tara

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:46 am

Did you hear the boom just now? That was my mind that blew up.

Wierdest dreams I have ever heard of.
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  tara on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:07 pm

Me too! I don't know many people who have had dreams that are weirder... I'm sure there are, though, but yeah. And I have them most every time I fall asleep. Aiyaaaah. @_@
tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:20 am

I dream quite a lot too, ususally before I wake up, but I've had dreams that felt like they lasted all night.

Some of my dreams involve totally normal things, and I'll be solving little everyday problems in them, like I'll get a new bottle of shampoo to replace the empty one, or find something I've lost, or do some overdue homework. Then when I'm awake I think I've done things I haven't!

But also I have very strange dreams. Here are some of my strangest and most disturbing:

The scariest dream I had when I was young was that the Three Bears and I moved into this old mansion. Everything was fine until there was a hige storm. I was in the throne room with Mummy Bear when I heard a voice say "and then her time came" and Mummy Bear had a gorilla face, and tortured and killed us all.

I dreamed I was riding our (then untrained) young horse round the paddock. My hair was knee length, and I was also covered in tin cans.

I owned a fan that turned into a hand and chased me round a building site with scaffolding.

I was in a tall building with a huge plate glass window, with the London skyline outside. Then a whole load of bombs started dropping all over the city, and the building I was in exploded and I died. Messily.

I hada recurring series about a superhero named MagmaMan, where I was in a swimming pool filled with lava, and he was teaching me how to swim. Then I got burnt up by the lava and died.

I dreamed I was riding in a bicycle race and had ato cylce accrooss a canyon on a tightrope. I fell off halfway across, and woke up on my side with my hands as if they were on handlebars and my legs aching from all that pedalling!

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:03 am

Weird. I wish i could dream as vividly as you all do. I know the deeper you dream, the better you sleep. I used to have vivid dreams. Not so much anymore. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:24 am

i am having teh creepiest dreams ever at the moment. i think its my medication.

I can tell the futtuuureeeeeeee...

maybe.

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:37 am

i dreamed i was going to get married... wow, that's a weird dream!!!!
i was talking about my marriage in a date with my hubby to be... weird
alain1609

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmoslayer on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:14 pm

that is weird!

it would take me ages to tell you mine so ill do it another time i think

Elmoslayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down