Online Games and Video Games, Anyone?

Go down

Online Games and Video Games, Anyone? Empty Online Games and Video Games, Anyone?

Post  Guest on Fri May 01, 2009 12:15 am

I know this might be Greven's thing for sure but I wondered what are (were) everyone's favorite video games or online games to play? I don't know if this is bad but i admit it, I enjoy playing Runescape from time to time. it eats away at your time though if you're not careful. drunken

oh and if anyone here does happen to be on Runescape. add me: I'm Jarviszap, 5leavesleft, and Frogmonks and i will be happy to fight alongside you in the Clan Wars. (Please don't judge. It's how i relax at home. lol.)

Last edited by bryterlayter on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Online Games and Video Games, Anyone? Empty Re: Online Games and Video Games, Anyone?

Post  greven on Fri May 01, 2009 12:40 am

Online I go for Team fortress 2. I love the humor, the teamwork that just happens spontaniusly is not something you see in other multiplayer games. There are so many team tactics that happens even if you dont chat with your team. Switching to medic at the right time, hammering up a sentry to give your team a much needed 20 second buffer.

Offline it is a much harder thing to figure out, there are SO many to choose from.
I mean, there are Super Mario Bros, Sly Cooper, Lost levels, Metroid Prime, God of War 2, Elite beat agents, Castlevania: dawn of sorrow, New super Mario bros, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart DS, Bioshock, Assasins creed, The Legend of Zelda: OoT, The legend of Zelda: Wind waker.

I actually think I gotta go with Wind waker for the best game, I have just sailed around so long, and I LOVE IT!
It is one of the hated Zelda games, but I just love the artstyle and the sailing is just so calming and oddly mesmerizing.
And the tale of a young boy rising up to defeat evil is always good, besides: Gannon gets stapped in the face!
greven
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Online Games and Video Games, Anyone? Empty Re: Online Games and Video Games, Anyone?

Post  Joneko on Fri May 01, 2009 12:54 pm

http://www.123games.dk/game/other/goldminer/goldminer.htm

And here you all are putting up actual quality, complex things.
Joneko
Joneko
Admin

http://joneko.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Fri May 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Gold miner rules Very Happy
greven
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri May 01, 2009 11:59 pm

oh cool i just played gold miner for the first time. thanks.

Laughing

also this one was recommended to me: http://www.scarygirl.com/world.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunaris on Sun May 31, 2009 3:52 am

In MMOs, I play on Guild Wars (Yaiba Aojiroi), Shin Megami Tensei Imagine (US version, of course), and...that's really about it so far...

...In multiplayer online games, I do a little Halo 3 every now and then, but I've been more for Left 4 Dead lately.

My main online multiplayer addiction though are MUSHes. Shangrila MUSH in particular. It's extremely NSFW though, so no linkies or help with it from me. Sorry any kiddies hanging around. Shocked
Lunaris
Lunaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Valsira on Sun May 31, 2009 6:18 pm

I'm not really big on online gaming but my favourite offline video games are: Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Suikoden 2 & 5, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Civilization IV, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Jade Empire. I only really play on PC anymore as I can't really afford a PS3/XBox360 and have never been a Nintendo person.

I did used to play Runescape. Five years ago or so XD
Valsira
Valsira

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Sun May 31, 2009 6:38 pm

:fanboy cry:
Why does no one like nintendo any more?
They have something for everyone and arguably the best first person library of any firm ever to be in the console business
:fanboy cry end:

Mass effect is great, cant wait for more info on Mass effect 2 and that is comming on E3 in just a few days Very Happy
Anyone know what E3 is and/or is going to follow it? I know I am going to be up all the time reading and watching vids from it Very Happy
greven
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Sun May 31, 2009 6:56 pm

i used to love my NINTENDO:

ISLAND!!!!!!!!!

now i have a PS2:
BUT I ONLY HAVE "HAUNTED MANSION"; "TOTAL OVERDOSE"; "BEISBOL"; "FIFA"; "SHREK";AND "GOLF"
AND ONLINE, I HVE TO SAY "AGE OF EMPIRES"
alain1609
alain1609

Back to top Go down

Post  Valsira on Sun May 31, 2009 8:16 pm

I must admit I used to play GBA ROMs on my computer (mostly Pokémon of course), but I think it's partly because I've never actually owned a Nintendo console. None of the games I've played on any of my friend's consoles have appealed to me particularly.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about E3 this year Very Happy
Valsira
Valsira

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun May 31, 2009 10:47 pm

Besides Super Mario 3, which i just killed at cuz i rock like that, I used to love PC games from LucasArts. My favorite was the Monkey Island Series does anyone remember those. Oh, and Doom was fun too. Oh, and i used to play Star Wars rebel assault but i would always smash into beggars canyon so i pronounced myself a failure and went off to go play something else.

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Sun May 31, 2009 10:50 pm

i loved mario bross too and yes i remember monkey island.
Very Happy how could i forget Laughing
i just to play tetris and ping pong. (the old-fashioned game)
and Mrs. pacman, those were good times. Twisted Evil
alain1609
alain1609

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun May 31, 2009 10:57 pm

oh, monkey island was the coolest! I liked the insult pirate swordfighting the best. I wish they would bring it back. It was so much fun.

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:20 am

Tim shafer is actually making a new game at the moment (the guy who made monkey island) Called brutal legend, and he is making it with Jack Black, from what I have seen from the game it looks like it is going to be AWESOME! Very Happy
greven
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:00 pm

How about this game? Not the human kind but the original one:

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:35 pm

Well I think most people here would love Tetris. let me tell you why in a song

But yeah tetris rules Very Happy
greven
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:53 pm

omg, i was just talking about this. And its only a 34.95 pre-order. I'm so excited. It's Guybrush, LeChuck, Elaine, and the Voodoo Lady! My only question: Where's Murray?!?! I love that demonic skull!

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:39 pm

the only online game i like is AGE OF EMPIRES I, II, y CONQUERORS.
creating your own village and soldiers and wining wars, etc. is very fun
but it takes a lot of time so i do it when i'm on vacations so i can take my time
alain1609
alain1609

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:52 pm

Age of empires 3 (I think) is one of the good old classics that is always part of my summers. Alongside warcraft 3 of course, probably the most modded game of all time... maybe topped by Counterstrike. But isnt it just insane that Defence of the ancients (DOTA a Warcraft mod) is actually now being the base for complete games? I have yet to try out Demigod but I hear it isnt bad Very Happy
greven
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:50 pm

Ale, you're right! That's a cool game. I forgot about Age of Empires. I used to play that too but i always lost. They would catch me unaware and raid my village just as i was trying to build it up. There was one similar where you would level up and become a world superpower with oil wells and aircraft carrier hangers. I can't remember the name. do they still make those games?

Back to top Go down

Post  greven on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:04 pm

That could be a lot of games.

Red alert?
Command and conquer?

Those would be the 2 big I think.
greven
greven

Back to top Go down

Post  alain1609 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:40 pm

bryterlayter wrote:Ale, you're right! That's a cool game. I forgot about Age of Empires. I used to play that too but i always lost. They would catch me unaware and raid my village just as i was trying to build it up. There was one similar where you would level up and become a world superpower with oil wells and aircraft carrier hangers. I can't remember the name. do they still make those games?

yea, i liked it but i never won. that made me want to play it more and more and more.
i didn't know how to reAd the map so when the other villages tried to destroy mine i couldn't get there in time.
Mad Mad Mad Mad THAT'S A HORRIBLE FEELING!!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad -and i was about to win- Mad
alain1609
alain1609

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down