What are some of your favorite webcomics!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What are some of your favorite webcomics! - Page 2 Empty Re: What are some of your favorite webcomics!

Post  Lunaris on Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:00 pm

Misfile - My absolute favorite web comic of all time. What's not to love about a boy who finds himself turned into a girl, and a girl who's lost the last two years of her life, and the pot-smoking alcoholic angel who's responsible for it all? Oh yeah, lots of cars and racing too. Combined with wonderful artwork and great writing (Although somewhat slow pacing sometimes), it all adds up to the one comic I'd check daily even if I was stuck on dial-up (Or had just a PSP and a hijacked wireless signal). I know, because I've been there.

Flaky Pastry - Another great one I found about a small group of fantasy-styled characters living together in an apartment who get wrapped up in crazy things. Maybe it sounds overdone, but it's still worth a read just to enjoy Zintiel. Crazy high elf psychopaths never did come more attractive...or funny. Seeming on theme for a forum of this nature, the main character Nitrine is apparently bisexual. Zintiel...is whatever she feels like.

Peter is the Wolf - A comic about werewolves. Sorta. More a comic about one werewolf in particular and his attempts to control the first girl he turned into a werewolf on accident because his parents neglected to give him a very certain but very needed talk about the facts of werewolf life. Comes in normal and adult flavors...and they differ if you read them side by side. I recommend the adults-only for the full story. That, and for Jean, who I consider among the hottest web comic characters I know.

Mutant Ninja Turtles Gaiden - I'll admit it, I watched the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I was young. Who didn't? This web comic does very well at emulating the turtles characters, I believe, and even starts with a very nice introductory story before spinning off and going past the teenage years. Throw in an original character or two, show the foot clan as it has evolved, mix in a lot of angst from some very upset turtle brothers, and you've got a great comic. All this to say nothing of the romantic walls being thrown up around a couple of the characters.

Red String - Ah, love is in the air. Over here, over there, everywhere it seems, for that is what this comic is about. Love, in all its forms. Or so it says. So far, it's done a good job at exploring a great variety of loves and romances with the main and the minor characters. It has it's moments of humor and drama, lots of drama actually, but the overall picture it paints is wonderful to read. Recommended for anyone who likes tales with cavity-inducing sweetness.

Candi - A comic about the titular character, her love life, and all those of her roommates as well. To be honest, I find it hard to care less for Candi the character, but the other characters make it a rewarding read for me. I've enjoyed the growing love triangle in one situation, the reverse-booty-caller in another. There isn't much plot beyond the love-lives and attending school, but maybe that simplicity is what drives me to keep up with it.

Lang Lang - While not the most impressive storyline, and sadly seeming to be semi-permanently dropped by the author/artist, Lang Lang will always hold a special and dear place in my heart for being the very first web comic I ever read and for starting me out on this long and crazy road. Despite the average plot, the art is spectacular, and evolves wonderfully over the course of the strip.

Simply Sarah - If I had to pick a comic to ever replace Misfile as my favorite, it would be this one. Sitting at a very comfortable number two on my favorites list, and close to number one at that, is Simply Sarah, a story about Sarah, a girl who falls in love with Janey, and the trials they face to recognize and hold on to that love. That perhaps oversimplifies it a bit, but come on...if you're on these forums, odds are you've checked it out once or twice by now. And if you haven't, shame on you! The art is beautiful, the story is very well-written, and the characters are emotionally deep and believable, so much so that I've made it a small hobby analyzing them. It's a great piece for when you wish to have your heart warmed or when you want to come close to tears with worry for your favorite characters. And by the way...Sarah x Janey 4Ever Yo!

Order of the Stick - For anyone that enjoys Dungeons & Dragons, particularly of the 3.5 variety (Insofar as I've read), this comic is a goldmine of hilarity. The characters can seem overthetop in some cases, but from personal experience I can assure you that real players are sometimes worse, which is exactly why I love this comic. The simple art style combined with impressive writing makes this one of the better web comics in existence today, and for anyone who loves tabletop roleplaying I heartily recommend it.

Dueling Analogs - A web comic similar to VG Cats in the sense that each strip is usually stand-alone and deals with a different game, movie, or system. The artist has their own unique style, however, meaning even fans of the VG Cats should find plenty to enjoy with Dueling Analogs. Some of the strips are hilarious, some are mildly inappropriate in a hilarious manner. There are no real central characters, either, so jumping into the comic at any point is fairly easy to do. Some particularly amusing strips are the Rejected Mega Man Villains and Games I Am Glad Were Never Made series.
Lunaris
Lunaris

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2