The curious case of Benjamin Buttons

Go down

The curious case of Benjamin Buttons Empty The curious case of Benjamin Buttons

Post  greven on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:11 pm

I was sceptical when I first whent to see this movie, I usually only go to the cinemas for grand adventure or action movies, and not dramas like this.
But Benjamin Buttons really nails something, the wrigting is brilliant, the acting is good and the tale itself is just exstraordinary. Seeing the past century through the eyes of a man going the other way is far more intertaining than one would think, and they manage to bind it together with a story of love, identity and consequences.

Go watch this movie, it will remind you that every once in a blue moon something truly spectacular comes along.
greven
greven

Location : I am most likely in front of my laptop in Denmark... or in front of my TV.

http://simongreve.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The curious case of Benjamin Buttons Empty Re: The curious case of Benjamin Buttons

Post  ReiDavidson on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:14 pm

I still haven't seen this but after the Oscars I guess I need to.
ReiDavidson
ReiDavidson
Admin

https://true2ourhearts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The curious case of Benjamin Buttons Empty Re: The curious case of Benjamin Buttons

Post  Joneko on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:38 pm

I'm not sure why, but I can't muster a single scrap of desire to see this movie. BUT, I did get a peek at the F. Scott Fitzgerald short story it was based on, and wanted to sit on the floor and devour the whole thing. There's a special edition matching that with the actual written screenplay, and when I have any extra money I'm going to buy it.

Maybe it's just the way the movie is shot or...summat.
Joneko
Joneko
Admin

http://joneko.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Hue on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:24 pm

I was kind of disappointed by how much the story focused on his love life. Yes, I realize that it was an important theme, but it felt too stressed to me. I would have liked for the story to have focused on other aspects of his life.

But that's my only complaint.
Fly Hue
Fly Hue

http://user.drunkduck.com/Fly%20Hue

Back to top Go down

Post  meodingu on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:35 pm

i don't know :-s
i agree with you. i like it. Thanks

meodingu

Back to top Go down

Post  akaishuu on Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:37 pm

Nintendo E3
Damn they are failing a lot here. Humping the casual market AGAIN! It is fucking anoying.
They had 2 new mario games, that is awesome and all but one of them was just a DS game on the Wii, and that is cheap. At least We are getting Super Mario Galaxy 2. Too bad it looks like nothing more than a "milking" game, than an actual sequel, the only new thing seems to be Yoshi, and while that is cool and all it is nothing major.
I mean consider what Microsoft showed: Demos of: ODST, Modern combat 2 and a bunch of other new awesome exclusives, and Nintendo have only showed films of their games, I mean come on!
They didnt even have any new major third party games.
Okay I am typing as things move along the conference moves here, so Nintendo is announcing a new game in Colab with Team Ninja (NINJA GAIDEN anyone?). that could be good.

luxury bedding
Security Alarm Installer

akaishuu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down