Introduction and welcome

3 posters

Go down

Introduction and welcome Empty Introduction and welcome

Post  Skyangel Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:03 am

Erm... okay, well Rei's really the brains behind this, and I'm not even sure how these forums work to be honest *blushes*. It's taken me 15 mins to get this far, but I figure it will all fall into place soon.
Firstly I am writer/artist for this web-comic 'Simply Sarah' which is the story of a young girl growing up and coming to terms with the fact that she is a lesbian and finding the courage to be open and confident about herself. The story follows her through her school years and observes the friends she makes and the relationships she develops with them as time passes. Sarah finds that relationships are often difficult and unpredictable. Her love for a girl called Janey is the dominant factor in her heart, but she finds it brings with it misunderstandings confusion, and sometimes pain in her ability to understand that Janey is not always as perfect or easy to understand as she had expected. As time passes she also begins to realise that her own affections for the girl are at times beginning to be questionable.

The idea of Simply Sarah was to show the development and progress of the relationships she makes through her life and how lifestyle, friends and experiences put pressure on the relationship she is trying to pursue. Currently at part three, the strip has gathered much interest and a healthy regular following. As long as this interest remains I will continue to keep progressing with the story until Sarah's final days if neccessary. It's been amazing experience for me doing this; my first and only public comic strip, and the response it has recieved along with the lovely mails of thanks and support make it something really special to me.
Anyway, this particular forum is just for the strip, so if you want to ask anything about the story that confuses or bothers you, or you just want to pump me about what is up ahead etc. then please do. I'll look in as often as I can and answer any questions you wish to ask.
I know from a lot of the e-mails I have recieved that some of you have had similar experiences to those covered in the story at times so it would be great to have some of you write of your own experiences that relate to any of the experiences covered in SS, especially the reactions to 'coming out', or school bullying, etc.

I think that's enough for now. I'm going to explore what all these buttons are for now!!! Smile

Skyangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Introduction and welcome Empty Simply Sarah Forum

Post  tommym Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:04 pm

Dear Skyangel,
This is my first post as you can gather. I want to tkank you and Rei for setting this up Also may I add. May you and Rei and Emma enjoy continued sucsess
in all your endevors.I sincerly hope I will be able to add some thing useful to this forum as time goes by.
Tommym//Tammy

tommym

Back to top Go down

Introduction and welcome Empty Re: Introduction and welcome

Post  Scribe_Drizz Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:03 am

Dear Skyangel,

Hello. This is also my first post.

I wanted to thank you for making such an engaging comic. I've only just begun to read Simply Sarah. I hope to keep enjoying it for a long time.

I also hope that Janey doesn't break Sarah's heart. (She's so aggressive, but it seems like a lot of people in Sarah's life are.) Going back to read some more.

Thank you again,

S_D

Scribe_Drizz

Back to top Go down

Introduction and welcome Empty State Approved High School Diploma

Post  Guest Wed May 30, 2012 3:25 am

We provide all of the advantages of a traditional high school without the social, safety and academic concerns. You can rest assured that Stanley High School will provide you with a superior education that prepares you for college and your professional career. When you enroll in Stanley, you get quality homeschooling online.

We are dedicated to seeing you succeed in education and we are willing to help you achieve your goals. We work with our students on a level that is just right for each student. We are here to help you achieve your goals and get you to the next step in your life. We can do this by offering you an accredited high school diploma program that is online which makes it convenient and affordable for everyone.

Back to top Go down

Introduction and welcome Empty Re: Introduction and welcome

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum